60cc engine kit frame requirements???

nynickfan

Local time
10:43 PM
i have a 26 inch v frame bike, the height of the seat tube is 15 in.. i was told u need 18 inch to fit a 60cc engine kit is this true or will my 15 inch work?

thanks!

It depends on if you have a sloping top tube. You may be able to fit the motor in there if you modify the intake to allow the carburator to to sit beside the seat tube.

Since your top tube doesn't slope much, I think a china motor will fit. The down tube looks to be oversized diameter, so you will need an get an oversized front engine mount or make one with an auto muffler clamp.
IF your carburetor doesn't fit in the frame it can be fixed pretty easy. Cut your intake manifold into two pieces. Get some heater hose from an auto parts store that will fit tightly over the manifold. Connect the two pieces of the intake manifold with 3 inches or so of heater hose and clamp them down. You have made your intake manifold flexible, allowing the carburetor to rest on either side of the seat tube. The carburetor will need to be secured to the seat tube with a zip tie or some kind of bracket, so that moving the throttle will not move the carb.
There should be some examples of this type of intake mod in the photo gallery. It has become a routine method for installing China motors in Schminn Cimmarons and other bikes with sloping top tubes. Good luck.

Back