60V 3000W Fat Tire eBike - Big Battery Build 3.4 kwH 100 mile+ Range

I'm looking forward to seeing what the range could really turn out to be.
Yes it's a fact that e-bike buyers and builders suffer from range anxiety, so they can frequently overspend, overload, and overconsume the finite supplies of Lithium (they're still far from using the most) and therefore overconsume on the energy being used to carry all the unnecessary extra capacity.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the results of this exciting SUPERHEAVY pure electric build.

I'm starting to think about the Lithium direct replacement for SLA 12v batteries, that are intended to fit into the same space or case. 🤔🌈🤑🤑🤑

Last edited:
Yea I just bought 10 of those modules (4.4kwh) for $500 shipped. Gonna split them up and make a 20s1p or 74v 60ah.

I emailed BH and they said they’ll do up to 10c peak. All I need is 5c. I think you are way over-spec’ing your battery. At 5000w or less you will get well over 50 miles with just a 30ah pack.

hey. now that you are here. can you give me some guidance with this stuff? first timer :cautious: you are probably going with one pack and bms. I am going to split mine up into four 4s1p packs and then series these together. probably easier for a noob beginner and necessary to fit into bike frame without modification.

- can you take a look at the diagram for a daly bms? i think this is the right wiring
- to join the positive and negative tabs, since some are shortened, I think I am going to punch three holes across and then bolt them together with aluminum bolts. i might pull these apart later for something else. does this sound good? how are u doing this?
- when you attach the balance leads and bms negative, are you using just one ring terminal/connection or are u going to splice three sections of the wire so there are three connections across the tab? maybe not needed for balance wires but for the bms negative?

thx! :unsure:

Attachments

• wiring.png
    wiring.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 274
i was just thinking about punching holes 3 and then bolting them together without a bus bar if possible so it will just be tab to tab similar to this video. hmm, i think ill just get them today, lol; they gonna sell out if i wait with my luck. ill figure it out. i think ill stick with 4s1p and bms. part of all of this breaking it up is that i want to push the idea of modular and upgrade-able batteries and systems.

Omg I've said it before but you pay so little for Lithium batteries in the USA its shocking. 🙈🤷‍♂️🤯

This week I'm waiting on another 2x 432Wh for over £500 🥺😭🤮

Last edited:
Sweet. I need tospeak to you B

Still figuring out the ebike kit. I realize this is the first decision I need to make and buy before buying bms. Currently, I am leaning towards 52V 1.5kw fat tire kit due to availability and future upgrade plans. what u need fam?

Back