60V 3000W Fat Tire eBike - Big Battery Build 3.4 kwH 100 mile+ Range

Well, I dun fk up. The electrical tape came loose somehow from the main negative tab terminal and shorted with another tab of the pack. So, I was able to stop the short before anything too serious happened. But, one cell did smoke a little and now there is a small vented hole in the top cell and that cell is not sealed or tight. I read this is salvageable but iffy in the long run so I am just going to replace that cell. I am going to remove all the other packs and over insulate the tabs now so this wont happen again. First time doing this... :unsure: Bike will be out of commission probably for a week or more now.

IMG_20200815_163828.jpg

I think I sealed it pretty well. I already went like 40-60 miles and a few commutes on it already including tonight. LOL, passed a cop that stopped a car and was like :cautious: . Guy had a spray painted car with random words on it... I did buy 2x 7s BMS to remove the damaged cell but maybe I dunno. Seems fine. Voltage drop is expected 0.2-0.4V for 4 miles depending on how hard i am riding.

Going to be a badass bike. In post #51 the cover over the top tube seems like it will interfere w/your steering it's so close to the bars. Is that so or just a pic illusion?

Going to be a badass bike. In post #51 the cover over the top tube seems like it will interfere w/your steering it's so close to the bars. Is that so or just a pic illusion?

ya, it was, i moved the battery back a bit to give it a bit more clearance though i want it as close as possible to the stem to give it that modern sharp angle lines look. i was so lucky coming back from work today. it was literally raining hard (cats and dogs) an hour before I was gonna get off and I was like ughhh... I can't ride in this; its not entirely hard rain proof just light rain. riding at night is so fun and cooler of course. gives it an added danger and i ride in the middle of the road more since there is little to no cars. :devilish:

Bought a PAS and 3 way power switch on eBay to try out on Cyclone. The 3 way switch is from china so might be a couple of weeks. I will adjust the PAS speed on app to test out and then I hope the 3 way switch will be able to adjust the PAS level on the fly. For example, I set the PAS level in the app at 500W and then hopefully the 3 way switch will do like 300 - 500 - 800W or something like that. SBP do not recommend this. Lets see.

Back