66cc skyhawk with cns carb bogging out

drebinpk

Local time
1:54 PM
so ive had by motorized bike for a couple weeks now and it just doesnt seam to run the way it should. when im riding i hesitates before exelerating and once i get too about 25mph it just sounds like its either bogging down or missing or something it just plain doesnt run smooth but if i go on a down hill it will smooth out all the way too 30mph keep in mind im only about 140lbs so i would think it should go 30 on flats right? and it should still run right not bogging down even at that?

oh i forgot to mention when i have the clutch in and give it close to full throttle it will wind up but then about 2 sec later it will die down for a sec or two with out me letting off the throttle its like its starving for gas every little bit or something

sounds like your air-fuel mixture is too lean.
you may have to richen it up by going with a bigger main jet.

you can try to move the clip on the jet needle (move it downt o richen, up to lean) but this is usually only affective from idle to about 3/4 throttle. at w.o.t. the jet needle doesn't help the mixture, this is where a main jet change usually fixes the problem.
when you get a bog at w.o.t. it usually indicates that it's running too lean.

Last edited:
oh ya one last thing when i get back from a longer ride my muffler smokes for a min or 2

it sounds like it's too lean. if it is too lean it will run hotter than it should.
is the muffler smoking on the outer case, or is the smoke coming from inside the muffler?
if it's coming from the outer case, chances are that it's running too lean. sounds like the muffler is getting way too hot...is it chrome or painted?

since the muffler is painted flat black (i am assuming that it's still fairly new?) the smoke could be the paint burning off because it's running too hot....too lean.
they do not use the best high temp paint. on these mufflers (or did you paint it yourself?)
even high temp paint will burn off somewhat eventually.
i still think it's running too lean because of the bog you are getting.
this is just a guess, i could be wrong.

well someone told me to get it warmed up and run it full out and just put the choke slightly on and if it ran better my bike in lean if it got worse than its either right or rich and and it got worse even just with one little click on the choke so what does that mean too you?

oh i turned the air skrew all the way in just now and its running allot better but still boggs out at like the top 1/6 too 1/8 throttle just not as bad and not constantly

Back