68 Schwinn Phantom/Whizz

Rear Hydraulic Brake

I like the way this Stops. It's a Hayes Dot4

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

NE Head

I got Quenton to build me one of his infamous heads. Wow what a beauty. He set me up to run early high lift camshaft & his Q mushroom lifters and a 26 mm carb. Everything works great. I noticed a huge difference on the first ride. He really knows his motors. This things got THrawwww -- Tull !!!

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

NE5 upgrade

Hi Zomby, good to see that you've upgraded your engine. For those here who do not know, typically the WC-1 Whizzer engine (1999-late 2004), which has the "gap" in the cooling fins, will usually, after getting a bit hot a time or two, lose it's grip on the Exhaust valve. Then the barrel is basicly unrepairable. The NE5 upgrade fixes that completely.

Zomby, now that you've got a Whizzer, running strong, perhaps you can tell the rest of the group your opinion between riding a China-Fire (you guys call the "Happy Time"), and the bigger, moother, faster, more powerfull, alternator equipped Whizzer?

Mike

Motor comparison

There is no comparison between the Whizzer motor & anything else that I have tryed. I started with a Happy time - then went to pocket bike motors. The high performance pb motors are fast, but lack torque. If you have the pockets set up properly they are great if you have a rear end with gears. This Whizz engine doesn't need gears. With one speed I am confident that it will do at least 50 mph. Yeah they cost more. Ride one You'll see why.......This little motor has a Lot of torque & high end to go with it.

IMG_0981.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4 stroke

I will not EVER use another two stroke on a BICYCLE...........................................Signed with a Bloody instrument.

I have a HD, & I LOVE the LOW end torque. To me this is what riding is all about. Although lately those crotch ROCKETS have an incredible appeal. In CA you can legaly split a lane with a car....GO FIGURE...

Thats why this is such a dynamo. HUMMM.... Q you are the MAN!! DA MOTOR MAN.......DA Moto-maD - Da - Q--STER TANKS !!!!

I got Quenton to build me one of his infamous heads. Wow what a beauty. He set me up to run early high lift camshaft & his Q mushroom lifters and a 26 mm carb. Everything works great. I noticed a huge difference on the first ride. He really knows his motors. This things got THrawwww -- Tull !!!

View attachment 2819

View attachment 2820

View attachment 2821

View attachment 2822

That machine is a real beauty, where did you get those tyres?

Does that new head use a schnurle loop? it looks similar to the later heads for the JDL with twin exhaust ports.

Theres alot of similarity with my old bike - apart from the engine and transmission set up of course. I am a converted fan of hub brakes - especially in the british winter... rim brakes get a lot of fade :(

whats the performance like - and how easily are those heads gotten hold of?

Jemma xx

I like the mo

Thanks for the comments J. I got the tires from
http://www.bluemoonbikes.com/catalog2/product_info.php?products_id=53
It is only a single exhaust port. The pipes are customs made here in CA by Dave Miller Concepts. Quenton Guenther builds these heads & I met him here on this site. The bike runs like a bat outa ****. It weighs less than 100 lbs. I don't know how fast it is yet. I'm still babying it till 500 miles, but it should do 55 - 60 MPH or 100 KPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back