68 spoke wheel?

Their is a brand new 68 spoke rear hanging on the wall of my storage. Been there for about3 1/2 years. Like I say if you just gota have one for your bike their is a way. Just not a real good way. All the 68's I have seen have been crappy wheels so you might as well get a good double wall and move on with the build.

Their is a brand new 68 spoke rear hanging on the wall of my storage. Been there for about3 1/2 years. Like I say if you just gota have one for your bike their is a way. Just not a real good way. All the 68's I have seen have been crappy wheels so you might as well get a good double wall and move on with the build.
About that wheel, is it easily converted to a front wheel?

I have something in mind...

It,s your standard coaster brake rear wheel. You have to squeeze them in to fit front forks but it could be done. The minute I went out and grabbed it off the wall thinking about your front wheel question the first thing popped into my head was running a cable to the gear and having a coaster brake front wheel.

It,s your standard coaster brake rear wheel. You have to squeeze them in to fit front forks but it could be done. The minute I went out and grabbed it off the wall thinking about your front wheel question the first thing popped into my head was running a cable to the gear and having a coaster brake front wheel.
Is it radial or cross laced? Coaster is a hub brake...

68 - 36 = 32
So could you lace a 36h 26" or 29" rim to the hub, tension it all up nicely, then lace a 32h 20" or 24" rim next to it for a belt drive? o_O
Is that idea too "out there"? :oops:

Back