68 spoke wheel?

will the 9 bolt sprocket adaptor fit a 68 spoke wheel?
Wheels like this?

zcruiser-bicycle2.jpg

With that many spokes I don't think even a clam shell sprocket would fit.
The solution to that of course is use a jackshaft shift kit on it, no need for a rear sprocket.

If you just have to have the 68 spokes you could have a disc brake hub laced in if it doesn't already have one, and mount the sprocket to the rotor bolts. Adapters are available.

If you just have to have the 68 spokes you could have a disc brake hub laced in if it doesn't already have one, and mount the sprocket to the rotor bolts. Adapters are available.
Thank you, I knew there was a clean solution but couldn't process the thought.

Yeah those many spokes are not going to play nice with nearly everything, but because you can get that many spokes on that disk brake hub bike like kc posted (which I'm not into chrome but that thing is pretty damn cool looking) you will probably only ever get a single speed standard drive if you drop the brake rotor and use a sprocket that be put in its place. That or go for a jackshaft kit and really make for a nice ride, though you may want to skip it if you can't get a 68 spoke hub with disk brakes AND with the option of a derailleur/multiple gears, as the one above is single speed there'd be no real advantage of a jackshaft other than duel disk brakes.

I'm not so sure a disc brake is advisable on any radially spoked wheel. Radially spoked rear wheels don't make a lot of sense either IMHO.
I hadn't noticed that before, it's pretty annoying that somebody is selling a disk brake wheel with radial lacing. But it's not a big deal, one can just as easily lace a cross 1 and all the spokes should provide enough strength.

Back