69cc header inner diameter

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12676

Can anyone tell me the inner diameter of the exhaust header of the 69/80cc by using a caliper?
I am redoing the design for the torque pipe and I want to double check to see if it's different from the pipe for the 48cc. Make sure you use a caliper since it's impossible to get an accurate number by eyeballing it. Give me the result in millimeters please.

Can anyone tell me the inner diameter of the exhaust header of the 69/80cc by using a caliper?
I am redoing the design for the torque pipe and I want to double check to see if it's different from the pipe for the 48cc. Make sure you use a caliper since it's impossible to get an accurate number by eyeballing it. Give me the result in millimeters please.
18.85mm is what I get. The flange is flush on the inside, but I had to sort through several to find one that is. most have the flange hanging in. Bear in mind that the .15 discrepancy is mill. spec after a 6 pak.

Last edited:
my stock header for the 48cc has 20mm at the flange (but I may have reamed it out with my dremel some) and the inner diameter in the pipe is 23.5mm (I know because I cut off the muffler to use the header with my torque pipe)

OK so all I can assume is that the same pipe is used for both.
thanks guys

I just plugged in all the numbers in my design calculators and a stock 69cc with peak RPM of 6000 needs a 25.3mm inner diameter,
and with the compression upped to 135psi it should be 27.5mm

I just plugged in all the numbers in my design calculators and a stock 69cc with peak RPM of 6000 needs a 25.3mm inner diameter,
and with the compression upped to 135psi it should be 27.5mm
The newer slant plug engines are already at 135+psi. I'm getting 135psi at 5400 ft.. The guys at closer to sea level are getting around 155.

155 is too much.
one or two more head gaskets would be in order or use a dremel to enlarge the combustion dome.

you'd have a heart attack if you saw my drag racing engine. she pegs out the compression tester

Back