7/8" tubing for exhaust?

SuedePflow

Local time
9:40 AM
I want to make my own exhaust. I plan to reuse the flange and muffler and just redo the piping in between so that I can reposition the muffler. The tubing is 7/8" (.875") O.D. I could probably make 1" O.D tubing work as well.

Does anyone know where I can find a steel u-bend or j-bend in either diameter? I've been looking all morning and I'm coming up short...

If you have access to a conduit bender you could make your own. 7/8" tubing bends rather easily, and you could make custom bends to fit your exact bike, instead of working with universal-fit stuff, which universally fits nothing. Just my opinion.:unsure:

It'll work as long as you don't try to bend too much of a radius. Conduit benders only go about 90 degrees anyway, if you need more, make multiple bends, and if necessary, do some splicing if you have a welder. You need to talk to Headsmess, he does some elaborate exhaust work.

ha ha, thanks for the comendation :)

depends, too smoke or forepoke?

go for it on a 4stroker. get on the pushy and go visit junkyards/scrap yards, etc. youre trying to find table legs, chair legs, etc... they usually have nice 90 degree bends, etc. imagination helps :)

two poker will work fine with a straight pipe but youll be forever lacking in performance.

in that regard, im always fiddling with making new pipes, trialling new layouts and designs. correcting mistakes.

i dont feel the need to move on from a 48cc, or do any other mods as a general rule. my pipes are effective enough.

you can make them with pretty mediocre equipment if youre determined ;) i once used a fence starstake, a chisel and silver solder...

once again, the scrapyard is your FRIEND! amazing what youll find.

I ended up buying another set of handlebars to chop up and form an exhaust. I'm just surprised that nobody out there is offering j-bends, u-bends, or any other raw material to use to make exhausts for these. I was hoping one of the moto-bike vendors had DIY material.

Built my handlebar exhaust today. Turned out pretty nice.

20130624_222247_zps4493df69.jpg

20130624_235030_zps157188df.jpg

20130624_235249_zps0a57a597.jpg

20130624_235256_zps86bf2ece.jpg

tig?

that looks surprisingly good. is that an upside down intake manifold i spy?

find a 28T off a lil kiddy bike for that rear sprocket! is ideal for 20" rims. as it is, you got hill climbing grunt :)

Yup, TIG'd it.

I modified the manifold too to get the carb level. Chopped it at an angle, turned out an extension on my lathe, and welded it up.

Manifold pic

Pic mounted

It tops out at 20 mph the way it is right now. Where can I buy a 20-tooth sprocket that is already drilled to bolt right up like this one?

Back