7 speed weedwacker bike

Andrew88

Local time
5:54 AM
Hi everyone, I’m starting to work on a new friction drive weedwacker bike with a unique feature. I am adapting a rear cassette assembly to make it a 7 speed MB, allowing me to have a large amount of control over the gear ratio! I will post more info soon if you guys are interested!

Last edited:
If you can get it to function I'm pretty sure a large number of FD folks here that would love to see how it's done. Hell, us chain drive folks would love to see it done, too.

Here’s a couple more details, the weed eater motor will be mounted inside the frame of the bike, there will be a pulley on the output of the motor going to a pulley on a jackshaft, on the other side will be the cassette of 7 sprockets. A chain will then run to a sprocket on a bmx bike peg on a pivoting mount. I am still figuring out how to make the bike peg section but the rest had been mostly been thought out. The belt drive section allows me to have a idler/belt tensioner clutch so I can change gears and idle at a stop. I am hopefully going to get the bmx peg knurled for more grip as well!

Back