Engine Trouble 70cc bicycle motor wont start

Rechecked the wires again. None are hooked up incorrectly. Removed the cover and traced the wiring into the magneto nothing is unsoldered. Everything is intact. Will attempt to start over the weekend and see again if I have any spark. If I need another coil which I think may be bad does anyone know where I can buy one? Also if anyone else has other ideas I would like to know. Could the clucth cable be hooked up wrong?
Thanks
captain

clutch cable ,,, ???????? what has that got to do with spark ...
are you saying you are not sure if your motor is turning over ??

so now is it the spark ?? or is it the clutch , maybe someone can help ?? i am running out of other things you can check ,,

is there any chance you have a fiber frame and the electric will not except ground

japat

The system is simple. You have a magneto and the CDI with plug wire and cap. If you disconnect the kill switch and still have no spark, it is either mag or CDI. I have only seen 2 or 3 CDI's go . So... More than likely it will be the magneto. Check the mag by resistance check. Between Black and blue should show around 260 ohms disconnected. Enjoy the ride...

Check the magneto with an Ohm meter. Dax has cdi's and magnetos
www.thatsdax.com

Thanks I will do this next. DAX how much for a coil and another magneto? With shipping of course.

70cc bike motor

Okay I picke dup a multimeter and checked the wiring to the magneto.
Heres what I have.
At setting 10 it read 30.
At setting 100 it read a hair over 3.
At setting K IT WAS ALMOST AT O,

did you ?

did you unplug both blue and black before checking them? If not. You have a pseudo reading. You need to unplug them both and check towards the magneto. Let us know what you get for ohms with black and blue disconnected. Thanks...Enjoy the ride..

70 cc engine

DACS , yes I checked it with the blue and black unhooked. Those readings were at the magneto itself and at the wire leads. The readings were the same.

Back