Engine Trouble 70cc bicycle motor wont start

Thanks I will do this next. DAX how much for a coil and another magneto? With shipping of course.
gonna jump in just in case...we don't do actual commerce on the board...go see dax's site for anything you might need to know about pricing...keep us posted on how the fix goes.

DACS , yes I checked it with the blue and black unhooked. Those readings were at the magneto itself and at the wire leads. The readings were the same.

i though i bookmark it but cannot find it a great page that showed how to test your coil etc. with a ohm meter ,,it had about 5 different test ,and was very details,, step by step and told you where to set your ohm meter for each test, if the readings comes out good you do not need any new parts ,,,maybe someone can help find the web page for testing coil,, should mention also if test does not come out good check for ,, cold solder joint ,to fix that you re solder the joint on the coil etc.
japat

Last edited by a moderator:
this is probably going to sound stupid but is the gas on? i think it might be the coil or CDI

70cc bicycle engine

Okay I replaced the coil, magneto and picked up a pull start. I now have spark but the bike still won't start up. What should I do next?

70cc bicycle engine

Hey I just want to thank everyone for there help. I picked up the new coil, magneto and a pull starter. I installed everything, pulled the carb. cleaned it up reinstalled it and the bike fired up on the first pull.
I've riden it twice yesterday and it was quite fun.
Thanks again

Back