Engine Trouble 70cc bicycle motor wont start

C

captain

Hi, I just completed my bicycle with the motor set up 70cc. I can't seem to get it to start. What am I possibly doing wrong. I have primed the carb. I have peddeled and attempted to start the engine on three occaisions. Have I wired something incorrectly? I should be able to be peddle freely and then engage the clutch to start this correct?
Can someone help me out or give me some other ideas. I am out of ideas.
Thanks Dan:eek:

70cc bicycle engine

I am still having troubles figuring this install out. It appears I have no spark also from what I can tell. I bought this kit early in the year from Dacscommm. It is a howell engine which It appears won't work? I have emailed him and he referred me to here for help. I don't know what else to do. I thought I would be riding this but I was wrong? I guess I will tear it down and toss the thing in the trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double check your wiring!
I had a little problem there at first and my wife laughing at me as I pedaled and it wouldnt start didnt help other than to motivate me to find the misplaced wire.

The anwser is most likely here. If you have it wired properly and the kill switch is hooked up try it without the kill switch, it may be grounding out on you.

My dacscomm engine works fine and so will yours.

If you decide to trash it let me know and I'll pay shipping to my house-lol

Last edited by a moderator:
70 cc bicycle motor

Thanks I will try this sometime today or during the week. I wil keep you posted.

Check for spark

Check for spark. Tell us how you checked for spark. Tell us how you know it is or is not sparking. Thanks..

We've got a simple little tool at work for checking spark. You plug one end into the plug wire and clip the other end to ground. It has an adjustable gap, so you can get a good idea of the strength of the spark too. It's not an electronic gadget, so it will always give you the answer about spark. (I'll bet you were waiting for a punch-line.)

I wonder how Captain did with all that. Hope he didn't actually throw the whole thing out. That would be so tragic indeed.

I dont think he'll actually throw it away but I know how he feels when things just dont work right from the get go.

I'd bet it is just something simple out of place.

I'm glad I didnt do the "Griswald family christmas light thing" with mine the first time I tried to fire mine up-lol

When I checked for spark I did the usual i've always done. I pulle dthe plug rechecked the gap. Had the bike lifted up so I could pedal it. While the plug was out looking for spark as I've done many times before. No spark was visable. Same system i've used on motorcycles, mowers, chainsaws, leaf blowers weed trimmers etc. I am no stranger to working on engines, but this has me wondering. I am going to recheck the wiring and pull off the kill switch wire to see what happens.
I wouldn't throw it away. I am just very frustrated at the moment.

Back