70mph is possible with a bear chasing you

fishing is one of the most dangerous sports in australia and i see its no different in the US

they caught the cub in a live trap and what they do is take him 100 miles in woods away from people and hope he don"t make his way back ,there still trying to catch mother bear ,so its not safe to go fishing ,,she may think i took her cub ,,, when i call the office that looks after such matters ,, some nut crack guy sitting behind a desk with about 20 years collage (never saw a bear in his life) when on and on saying that i should have stood my ground and that bear has a high sense of smell and will general run away when they sense a human ,, so i told him when you are 50 ft away and she stands up on his back feet and grrr if she could not smell me at that point she must have a very bad head cold ,, i was not only concern about bike failure i was more worried about heart falure ,,

the bike seems to be running better ever since the chase ,starts better ,less vibration ,faster
japat

I've been charged by a brown bear. They say you are supposed to stand your groumd or back away slowly. Ha. I believe I walked backward at about 30 mph (didn't have a speedo and couldn't have taken my eyes off the bear anyway). On the positive side, no embarassing accident in my shorts. Every orifice was puckerd to the max.

A buddy and I had coffee this afternoon with a bunch of old fellows at the local diner. The talk drifted to encounters with bears because there have been lots of them around here this summer. One of the old fellows began explaining to my friend what to do if he comes face to face with one. He told him that if the bear growls, he should growl back at it. Then if the bear takes a step toward him, he should throw some s#*t at it. Though I saw it coming, my buddy walked right into the old timers routine and asked him where he was supposed to find the s*!t. He replies, don't worry, you'll have a darn good supply of it after the bear growls at you.

Back