72V 3000W Cyclone Electric and Gas Generator Build (SBP kit) - Three Phase Dev

So, as mentioned in other threads, I removed the gas generator and put the battery in frame with a simple wood shell. There is a plastic garbage bag drapped over the battery inside the box so should be okay for rain intrusion. The gas generator was a novelty but battery tech has come a long way. I am looking to sell this bike for what I can get and build a 2-4 kwH EV battery conversion ebike capable of 75-100 miles at 30mph and 50 miles at 40 mph WITH shocks. For fack sakes, no shocks on road = not fun. Here she is one last time.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_160632.jpg
    IMG_20200509_160632.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20200509_160758.jpg
    IMG_20200509_160758.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 359
Joe, nice looking ride! If the weather ever stabilizes we got to hook up and refresh our acquaintance.
Added a Indian style tool box from Taylar Cycles. I'm on the other forum at present for more civil discourse.
Regards.
Tom

Attachments

• DSCN0963.JPG
    DSCN0963.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 345
Joe, nice looking ride! If the weather ever stabilizes we got to hook up and refresh our acquaintance.
Added a Indian style tool box from Taylar Cycles. I'm on the other forum at present for more civil discourse.
Regards.
Tom

that thing is a beast. i need to make a electric equivalent now! yeh, this weather is s**t. my ebike battery is beaten up; only like 20 mile range on it atm.

Bakaneko, I think you will need around 5+kwh for your expectations...............

I think my 1kwh battery lasts around 15miles at 30mph.....

For those ranges maybe an 2000w inverter generator and a bridge rectifier + capacitor to make it DC. That should be enough juice for 35 maybe 40mph and unlimited range, but i guess its better to do 5kwh lithium bc inverter will be heavy. plus these inverter machines are expensive, and cost the same as a 5kwh battery... so on second guess battery would be a good idea unless you already had a generator

Joe, follow indian22 from about here
Rick is doing a nice tribute E bike.
Tom

Back