72V 3000W Cyclone Electric and Gas Generator Build (SBP kit) - Three Phase Dev

Mebe, I said it incorrectly in my previous post, but I have 32aH or 8X 36V 4.4aH packs that are wired in parallel. Each one is rated to be charged up to 5A. This should mean I can charge this battery bank at 1480W or 40A (not going to do it) and be okay. I will be charging it at 300-500W which is 7-12A (which is well below 40A) or 0.9-1.5A per pack (rated at 5A). And, the charging isn't always happening as if the motor is running the gas generator will be powering the motor first and charging the battery only when I am coasting or stopped.

Yes, I know its been done before and numbers comparable to a well tuned 2-stroke or 4-stroke. The reason I am doing it on my bike is that I am running a 3kW cyclone motor that delivers 4HP and up to 6.5HP peak. This is more than enough by itself so multiple drive trains will just add complexity and points of failure. My bike will have a sizable battery capacity and I am hoping that the fact that the generator should only run at a high idle RPM will be more efficient than conventional motor bikes going at high revs even after the conversion losses.

But, this is an experiment and I am going to buy a motor (probably the HS 38cc) that can be used with a Staton friction drive incase I fail. But, I would prefer only one drive system.

On the batteries they can be charges to a full 5 amps but can they take a full 5 amp charge continuous charge idk, Ive beem living off of battery power since 2010. Always the 2 major problems that occur is total battery capacity and battery total life longevity. Back in New Mexico I had a two 400 watt wind generators and 180 watts of solar. When the wind was going I could run a table saw.... But stor8ng enough energy to run that saw was a riduclious amount of batteries and basically unfeaaible at thetimw for me I couldn't afford a ridiculous amount of batteries. But even deep cycle lead acid batteries fritz out... Luckily they usually give a bit of a fizzle noise so you know to diaconnect bwfore bad s**t happens. Charging battoeriws while they are being used is a trial and error project to be sure. And the temp range of li-ion batteries may make them not as suitable, if cost isnt a problem maybe ni-cad battieries they are not as heavy as lead acid but more stable than li-ion. See even though you are 'using' the electricity that is over the amount that the battery can safely handle doesnt mean that it isnt trying to go to the battery first. Plus you said you are going to run 8× 36volt 5amp ion in parallel. That means 40 amps at 36 volts can push put 1140 amps for an hour... But they can each be charged safely only at 3amp so hypothetically 864 watts can be stored contiously until they are filled but I have found batteries of any type rarely take the charge as fast as they are advertised too much after a few charges. Probably safely charge at max 500 watts continuously on the ion battery set up you describe. Your whole system sounds very heavy of course any hybrid will be heavy for a bike. Remember High Amps KiLL wires, batteries, and occasionaly people.

On the batteries they can be charges to a full 5 amps but can they take a full 5 amp charge continuous charge idk, Ive beem living off of battery power since 2010. Always the 2 major problems that occur is total battery capacity and battery total life longevity. Back in New Mexico I had a two 400 watt wind generators and 180 watts of solar. When the wind was going I could run a table saw.... But stor8ng enough energy to run that saw was a riduclious amount of batteries and basically unfeaaible at thetimw for me I couldn't afford a ridiculous amount of batteries. But even deep cycle lead acid batteries fritz out... Luckily they usually give a bit of a fizzle noise so you know to diaconnect bwfore bad sh*t happens. Charging battoeriws while they are being used is a trial and error project to be sure. And the temp range of li-ion batteries may make them not as suitable, if cost isnt a problem maybe ni-cad battieries they are not as heavy as lead acid but more stable than li-ion. See even though you are 'using' the electricity that is over the amount that the battery can safely handle doesnt mean that it isnt trying to go to the battery first. Plus you said you are going to run 8× 36volt 5amp ion in parallel. That means 40 amps at 36 volts can push put 1140 amps for an hour... But they can each be charged safely only at 3amp so hypothetically 864 watts can be stored contiously until they are filled but I have found batteries of any type rarely take the charge as fast as they are advertised too much after a few charges. Probably safely charge at max 500 watts continuously on the ion battery set up you describe. Your whole system sounds very heavy of course any hybrid will be heavy for a bike. Remember High Amps KiLL wires, batteries, and occasionaly people.
Lead acid batteries suck! They are heavy and don't have a good cycle life and can't be rapid charged.Li-po are the way to go if you want lots of power and high cycle life.Li-po cells are light,very high output and can be charged at 3c some even higher.This means that a 5a cell can be safely charged at 15a and that same 5a cell may have a 20-25c discharge rating this means that the 5a cell will put out 100-125a safely and since most controlers are 30-40a you never even come close to working the cells hard enough to even get heated up.

If they are safe enough then have at.. Maybe I have just read too many horror stories on the internet.
Li-po cells have been used in r/c for over a decade now with little to no fear of fire/explosion with crazy 100+ amp loads on them.They don't really catch fire like Li-ion does they just fizzle and spark briefly but that's rare compared to the other multi chemistries so yeah there safe enough as long as they are used properly,I've got three years of use on average from this type cell with no issues.

Li-po cells have been used in r/c for over a decade now with little to no fear of fire/explosion with crazy 100+ amp loads on them.They don't really catch fire like Li-ion does they just fizzle and spark briefly but that's rare compared to the other multi chemistries so yeah there safe enough as long as they are used properly,I've got three years of use on average from this type cell with no issues.
with these ebikes. do you need some kinda programable controller. I see them and they look like a silver box with like 50 wires that i dont really know what they plug into. Can you get by with a giant potentialmeter to control the speed and a stud diode so you don't screw up the batteries when you pedal.

with these ebikes. do you need some kinda programable controller. I see them and they look like a silver box with like 50 wires that i dont really know what they plug into. Can you get by with a giant potentialmeter to control the speed and a stud diode so you don't screw up the batteries when you pedal.

Yes, there are controllers and different type of throttles and peddle assistant sensor w/ lcd to change power levels. I like the half throttle. most of those wires go towards different widgets and settings. at a base level, all you need is the controller, motor, throttle, and battery. a basic 48v 1000w rear hub kit on ebay is going for $140-160.

New idea for thw generator to make it much much lighter 2 small rc motors linked together a electric and gas/nitro engines

They have a gas 5cc one it's a lil more expensive but you can add your own tank and muffler set up
DYNE0500_a0.jpeg

It goes for 300 on a quick search
If you shop around may find something like it that's cheaper and you can find a good deal on tons of electric permenant magnet motors to choose from 750 watt brushless rc motors are quite cheap.

Back