72V 3000W Cyclone Electric and Gas Generator Build (SBP kit) - Three Phase Dev

They have a gas 5cc one it's a lil more expensive but you can add your own tank and muffler set up
View attachment 84861
It goes for 300 on a quick search
If you shop around may find something like it that's cheaper and you can find a good deal on tons of electric permenant magnet motors to choose from 750 watt brushless rc motors are quite cheap.
That's a glow engine as in nitro fuel,not cheap,not cheap to run and meant for short run times not consistantly running at 20+k it's peak will be closer to 30k.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ngh-gt1...-rcexl-cdi-ignition-1-8hp.html?___store=en_us

This isnt a glow engine it's a 15 cc 1500 to 9800 rpm 2 stroke.
51471.jpg

Last edited:
No that's gas the first one you reffered to was,still you don't get it these engines are not made for constant use like turning a generator,This engine makes it's peak power at 12k and not much of it compared to the glow fuel version's,designed for airplane models that see run times of 10-15 min with a propeller pushing air over it even at idle.That same prop doesn't take much to turn and there for bhp down low is non existant.This setup could work with gear reduction and some fabing but why it's so inefficient is so many ways! Here's the spec's for that engine right off the link you posted.
Specs:
Engine type: Single cylinder, 2-stroke, air-cooled
Bore/Stroke: 29 x 25.6
Piston displacement: 16.91cc
Max. power: 1.8HP/12,000rpm
Min. idle Rpm: 1800rpm
Practical RPM: 1800-12000rpm
Ignition: Rcexl CDI with auto advance
Spark plug: 1/4 x 32 Rcexl
Carburetor: Walbro WT series
Lubrication oil: 2 cycle Engine Oil API TC / JASO FD or better specs. (Mobil + M2T)
General use fuel: 20:1~25:1
Propellor range: 13x8 ~ 15x8
Dimensions/Weight:

Length backplate to propeller boss: 103.1mm
Mounting: 52mm x 25mm
Height from crank centreline to spark plug tip: 100mm
Weight: 850g (including ignition and muffler)

15 minutes of 750 watts at less than 10 pounds of gas and electric motors is a lot of range extension.... A harbor freight generator would be cheaper to set up but weigh so much more which decreases range and speed more than anything. Plus that's 15 minutes pulling in the air at 9800 rpm at full throttle... or at idle with no airflow. Bet at 3000k rev while the bike is moving it wouldn't heat neatly as quickly as you think.

15 minutes of 750 watts at less than 10 pounds of gas and electric motors is a lot of range extension.... A harbor freight generator would be cheaper to set up but weigh so much more which decreases range and speed more than anything. Plus that's 15 minutes pulling in the air at 9800 rpm at full throttle... or at idle with no airflow. Bet at 3000k rev while the bike is moving it wouldn't heat neatly as quickly as you think.
It takes 1hp to make 746 w,1hp for that type engine is around 9k.Also how are you going to get a brushless motor to work as gen?

15 min of total run time,from start up through fine tunning,idle,and flight.Flight rarely is wot the whole time,but norm is 3/4 to keep it where the power is.in a buggy (car) with no prop cooling it just the air flow from speed,if I were to try and drive it around at 3K it wouldn't and would cook in min's,waste of a couple hundred bucks!

My old wind generator was brushless AC 400 watt motor hooked up to my 12 volt 120 amp hour battery pack...it is called a rectifier. Brushless are more efficient aka the have less drag at same watts produced vs the brushed motor a brushed motor would be easier to set up but heavier and less effecient. If the brushless motor has a permanent magnet in it you dont have to do anything special to generate electricity just rectify and reduce the voltage to where you want it. If it doesn't then you have to create an electromagnetic field in the motor before you can use it as a generator. A decent to high grade brushless small rc permanent magnet motor could easily make 72 volts at low amps (10 to 20) probably but you would have to create your own charge controller... Haven't found that online. But thats why personally I am going to go with 24 volt system with a 24 volt scooter motor or wind generator (like a my1016 or my1020) jackshafted to a "80cc" bike motor, there's alot of off the shelf parts in offgrid (wind solar hydro) and marine for consumers that could be adapted for the charging systems.

My old wind generator was brushless AC 400 watt motor hooked up to my 12 volt 120 amp hour battery pack...it is called a rectifier. Brushless are more efficient aka the have less drag at same watts produced vs the brushed motor a brushed motor would be easier to set up but heavier and less effecient. If the brushless motor has a permanent magnet in it you dont have to do anything special to generate electricity just rectify and reduce the voltage to where you want it. If it doesn't then you have to create an electromagnetic field in the motor before you can use it as a generator. A decent to high grade brushless small rc permanent magnet motor could easily make 72 volts at low amps (10 to 20) probably but you would have to create your own charge controller... Haven't found that online. But thats why personally I am going to go with 24 volt system with a 24 volt scooter motor or wind generator (like a my1016 or my1020) jackshafted to a "80cc" bike motor, there's alot of off the shelf parts in offgrid (wind solar hydro) and marine for consumers that could be adapted for the charging systems.
What they are is permanent magnet 3-phase synchronous motors and the esc is a DC to 3-phase inverter. What you generate is a three phase ac voltage, so not just a rectifier but rather an inverter then rectifier/regulator then whatever else.better have deep pockets.

Back