72V 3000W Cyclone Electric and Gas Generator Build (SBP kit) - Three Phase Dev

Hi. So I switched the bike to 72V and there is a ton of power. I understand why the throttle is set to soft start 5 now (1-10 and soft and hard). I havent really opened it up yet to see what it can do but I went on a 10 mile errand ride that I typically take with my 500W rear hub and recorded it. Since I dont have a watt meter with the 72V setup it was difficult to do a direct comparison. On the 500W, I averaged like 2 miles per 1 aH. Here on the 72V Cyclone, I think going to the store (5mi) I used about 3V drop in resting voltage and coming back it was only like 2V drop, which is 1.5V and 1V respectively on my 36V 500W ebike. I think that is pretty decent. For the efficiency test, I pedal about the same as I would on my 500W.

Also, during this ride, I understand the limits of the scooter batteries. There is significant voltage sag when I really want speed +30 mph. Gonna muck around with it a bit more and clean it well then start gathering and brainstorming about phase 3 (gas generator). I am not going to do phase 2 (more batteries and aerodynamics) right away as I need to make sure my battery configuration matches what I have so the batteries dont blow up when I parallel charge all of them. But, the gas generator is key to this build. At the moment, if I get about 2-2.5 mile per V that is about 30-40 mile range (discounting some) from full charge 84V to 66V (not gonna hit that). I want more than that.

Here is the video. I am still learning but I fixed the awful static noise. Music is on and off. I will fix camera angle in next ride. :ROFLMAO:

Last video for a bit. Just wanted to post the ride back from store if anyone is interested. Cleaned bike and changed the white zip ties to black today. I will start the phase 3 work soon. Here I am coming home (5 mi) and dropped 2V. Much better than ride to store (2.5-3V).

Not really an update, but yes I am going to do the serial hybrid. I will decide on motor soon. Also, I have to ebike 1.5 mile on Thursday in -16F temperature. Will I die along the way or will the batteries freeze? :LOL: I will be wearing a -10F North Face coat, snowpants, hat, balaclavas, and home made heated gloves (2 AA batteries on each hand sending 2.5-3V to thin wires).

Not really an update, but yes I am going to do the serial hybrid. I will decide on motor soon. Also, I have to ebike 1.5 mile on Thursday in -16F temperature. Will I die along the way or will the batteries freeze? :LOL: I will be wearing a -10F North Face coat, snowpants, hat, balaclavas, and home made heated gloves (2 AA batteries on each hand sending 2.5-3V to thin wires).
I expect you'll see some severe voltage sag in the cold, but in 1.5miles surely the worst that can happen is you'll need to help out a little more with pedalling, but that'll keep you warmer. :)
I hate not having any gears on the pedal side of my e-moped because there's nothing to do to keep warm.

I hope you have tested the gloves!

Stay safe.

yo i got a question; u said your motors 3000w, battery pack is what 36v 32a for about 1200wh. Sooooo how can u get the full 3000watts from the motor. Wouldnt u need a 72v 40ah battery pack, otherwise just get a 2kw motor instead or something. I am just wondering b/c i am thinking bout building an ebike sometimes and am curious about matching battery size with motor. LIKE i found a 5kw motor hub from alibaba for 200 dollars. Then I would need a 96v 50ah battery to get the full potential of the motor, Right? Otherwise lets say i used a 72v 40ah which is 3kw, then the motor would only draw 3kw and run 60% as fast (3000/5000).

yo i got a question; u said your motors 3000w, battery pack is what 36v 32a for about 1200wh. Sooooo how can u get the full 3000watts from the motor. Wouldnt u need a 72v 40ah battery pack, otherwise just get a 2kw motor instead or something. I am just wondering b/c i am thinking bout building an ebike sometimes and am curious about matching battery size with motor. LIKE i found a 5kw motor hub from alibaba for 200 dollars. Then I would need a 96v 50ah battery to get the full potential of the motor, Right? Otherwise lets say i used a 72v 40ah which is 3kw, then the motor would only draw 3kw and run 60% as fast (3000/5000).

Don't get me started on motor rating. Ideally it's a 3000W MAX output and really even then....yeah and that 5KW hub motor? I highly, highly doubt it.......I'm not picking on or supporting one brand, but motor rating can be like hot dog size or fish weight......

Don't get me started on motor rating. Ideally it's a 3000W MAX output and really even then....yeah and that 5KW hub motor? I highly, highly doubt it.......I'm not picking on or supporting one brand, but motor rating can be like hot dog size or fish weight......
sure motor ratings are bogust for all manufactures, unless it has the nema nameplate. i just know that i looked at the hub and it looked big enough to be at least 3000.

Last video for a bit. Just wanted to post the ride back from store if anyone is interested. Cleaned bike and changed the white zip ties to black today. I will start the phase 3 work soon. Here I am coming home (5 mi) and dropped 2V. Much better than ride to store (2.5-3V).

Wow, thats fast as ... Like your work, well done :cool:

Back