76 MPH Huffy

I also have a sweater - made guess where - label says 100% wool and there is no way that material came from an animal - or a plant, for that matter.

That means those tubes are THICK so they don't break before the 'warranty' runs out.
They are. Much heavier wall than typical. The fork tubes sound almost solid when you tap on them with a wrench.

Dropouts are a full 1/4" thick. The upper tube could be converted into a tank if you carefully filled the back end with urethane or something to seal it around the seat tube. Making it a similar frame to the faker frames, but a smaller tank. Maybe half gallon. Plenty for some.

Not a bad bike to build on, but still has its flaws. More ideal for a 4 stroke build probably.

My Kent Oakwood aluminum 7spd. cruiser is around 41lb stock. Heavy for an aluminum cruiser.
Beach Cruiser Bikes were made out of aluminum because the selling point was, their 1/2 the weight of a steel bicycle
People wanted this lighter weight bicycle to be able lift the bicycle easily up onto the bike racks on the rear of their car
Also they won't rust like a steel bicycle.

But I guess the beefy frame style of the Kent Oakwood uses big wide frame tubing = twice the weight
So much for buying an aluminum bicycle that's light weight :ROFLMAO: It weighs the same as a steel bicycle.

But at least it wont rust.

Beach Cruiser Bikes were made out of aluminum because the selling point was, their 1/2 the weight of a steel bicycle
People wanted this lighter weight bicycle to be able lift the bicycle easily up onto the bike racks on the rear of their car
Also they won't rust like a steel bicycle.

But I guess the beefy frame style of the Kent Oakwood uses big wide frame tubing = twice the weight
So much for buying an aluminum bicycle that's light weight :ROFLMAO: It weighs the same as a steel bicycle.

But at least it wont rust.
Yes, of course. If you arent having to haul it around on a car or in a truck etc., and it remains on its wheels, its not bad.

Back