78 honda pa50

DieselTech

Local time
12:16 AM
Ok guys I went to pick them old bicycles up 2day, well I picked this up 2 1978 honda pa50. I got the complete bike, should I put it back together? or should I use the engine on a bike build?
20211030_111603.jpg

I think the old bike is in nice shape, guy was going to paint & lost interest. Heres what I bought for $200 2day. Everything pictured.
20211030_120442.jpg

The yellow bike is a 1978 honda hobbit pa50, does anybody know if these engines ran reed valves? Its case inducted, but I have noticed any reeds for it.

If you're into restoring, then the Honda is worth a few bucks. As a nice experimental build, use the lady's bike and the Honda engine and wheels, cut and paste, so to speak. Find a longer belt and BOOM, way you go. Look for the longer belt first to make sure they are a available.

Yeah v-belt drive, pedal start, pretty straight old bike. I'm going to order a big bore kit, once I locate one to buy.

Engine is nice & clean inside, turns freely, I'm just curious if they used reeds, I havent located them in the box of parts I recieved with it.

Back