78 honda pa50

Not sure what the gap should be, but..... You can completely eliminate the points.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks guys, I've never seen that Nova ii set up b4, that's way cheaper than the adjustable cdi electronic conversion I was looking at.

Yeah that nova ii setup wont work it's for a single magnet flywheel, the pa50 uses 4 magnets due to it being a stator setup, Lol it would fire 4 times per revolution with that.

💩 I dont even think they put a chocolate or a book of matches on you pillow anymore even at a hotel/motel .

Does anybody know what might cause a weak spark on that honda hobbit, it's a points & condenser set up. I sanded the point contacts cause they were rusty. I hooked up the wiring & got a weak spark, it will shock you, but it wont fire a plug. Now if I bypass the wiring, including the voltage regulator/rectifier i got a hotter spark, but still wont fire a plug. I hooked up the black wire coming out of stator directly to the coil wire, then I took the green ground wire coming out of the stator & grounded it directly to engine case. It will bite the living 💩 out of you that way, but wont fire my plug. Any suggestions, I'm thinking weak points/ or point gap not set correctly. View attachment 160283
Bad condenser

Wrench you are thinking condenser is bad, theres a condenser mounted to the metal body of the ignition coil, do you think it's the problem there?

Back