78 honda pa50

Do you have thoughts on why it wont fire a plug, but yet if you hold plug wire it will knock the đź’© out of you.

Do you have thoughts on why it wont fire a plug, but yet if you hold plug wire it will knock the đź’© out of you.

spark might be too week to spark because of a bad condenser but still strong enough to shock ya

Are ya sure your s/p wire and boot connections are good

It was a new ngk br6hix, but they have a huge preset gap, I tried a couple other plugs.

Here is condenser on the coil, if I want to replace it, can i cut wire & solder new condenser in. On moped army they say can use about any coil but you got to put a condensor somewhere in the system, do you understand what there meaning by that?
20211031_195520.jpg

Thanks I appreciate it, I downloaded a service manual, after looking at point gap it looks too wide, specs are .012"-.016" & it looks to be like .020" or more after I cleaned points, I should of reset point gap, but i was bn lazy. Thanks for helping me out thou.

Here is condenser on the coil, if I want to replace it, can i cut wire & solder new condenser in. On moped army they say can use about any coil but you got to put a condensor somewhere in the system, do you understand what there meaning by that?View attachment 160285
They mean just make sure the condenser is grounded. Bolting or soldering it on to the coil mount will be fine

The Nova ii is said to work on any 2t, if you trace the wire from the points, then that is the fire wire for the Nova ii. Those other coils are charge coils.

You might be right about the magnets though, when I did my little Mate2 trolling motor, I never noticed how many magnets there were in it.

Back