79cc 4 stroke frame mount build

also dose any1 know where you can get replacement parts for this little engine. or can you only get them at harbor frieght. in case something ever breaks on it.

You can order parts through harbor freight, just keep in mind that it takes a long time (maybe 3-6 weeks to get the parts as they come from China I believe).

This engine can be had for $80, you are almost better off just buying another engine for parts if you did have to replace something. Then next time something broke you would have the part for free.

oh. i could of swore i saw a site somewhere for the replacement parts for these little greyohund engines. i guess not. i was just wondering. i dont need any right now. hopefully i never will.

my dad wont buy from them (http://www.mfgsupply.com/GoMiniAxles...on_id=pBfsxL3S) cause they dont have paypal. i tryed to get him to order the max torque clutch. i ordered it off another site for 3 dollars more just cause they had paypal. but that should be coming in sometime this week and im gonna take the engine and my bike over to my grandpas and he said i can take some of his scrap steel,iron or aluminum to make a mount with all his machines and then he'll weld it on there. i'll have him do that sometime this week.
thanks,
cody

p.s. will my 415 chain work on a #40/41 chain clutch. i saw the comparison chart and there about the same.

I'd recommend gearing that 2.5HP engine LOW. I know the specs are 3600, but it likes to be at 4000RPM+ in my experiences. It's a small engine, so it likes to rev.

40mph @ 3600RPM is way too tall of a gear ratio. 30Mph @ 3600 would be good. My bro's tall gearing (33.5mph@3600) with a non-governed engine gets 38mph flat, 43mph on a downhill. It's plenty fast. And we still have considered lowering the gearing for better takeoff. It's a powerful engine, but it doesn't have a lot of torque like a 6.5, so you have to gear it properly.

***You will need a jackshaft to have two ratio-reductions to get a low enough gearing***
All the bike motors use a gearbox to reduce the ratio before driving the chain. Since you are doing a DIY setup, you need the jackshaft and sprockets to basically do the same thing that a gearbox does.

Last edited:
Well i hope we can figure out how to de gov the 2.5 without breaking any components. I bought the 2 year warranty so im hoping i can put it back together so i can get a new one after the 2nd year. You gotta love the HF extended warranty .

ZnsaneRyder

im gonna gear it low. im gonna let my grandpa try gearing it cause he would know exactly would i would need since hes had hundreds of motercycels and dirtbikes and he used to be in professional hillclimbing and he built his bikes. he might have some gear ratio calculator or something in his garage.
or i could have his make me a 70 tooth sprocket. then i wouldnt. but he'll probally make a jackshaft for me.

Rgvkid

you probally wont break anything. these engines ae way better than those cheap chinese 2 stroke kits. yea i got the one year warrenty.

will the #40/41 or #35 chain work on my sprocket from my 2 stroke kit. its 415 chain. its probally the same but idk. would i have to get a gokart/minibike sprocket. well im gonna have gear it low. from takeoff to w/e it will top off at. i'd like a 25-30 mph cruising speed. so topping out at 32-38 would be fine.
and did you remove the govener. or dose it usually run 4000 rpm with it on.

Removed the Governor for sure. The Governor is useless for a motorized bicycle, and you won't get full HP with it. 3600RPM is low for a small 79cc engine, so that's why you need more RPM to make good power. It's 2.5HP while governed at 3600, but makes more than that without a governor. I'm guessing about 3HP @ 4200RPM, but it's just a wild guess.

Also 40/41/415/420 chain all have the same 1/2" link pitch. A #35 chain is only 3/8" pitch and will NOT work. Just get a cheap #40 chain and you'll be satisfied, and it will fit.

Back