79cc harbor freight? Or 212cc

Milkshake

Local time
3:22 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to motorized bicycles. I just bought a 49cc 4 stroke engine kit that is 2.5 horsepower. I weigh 203 pounds the engine is great going on flats but struggles on slight hills. So I'm going to upgrade. There are 2 harbor freight engines. 79cc 3 horsepower and 212cc 6.5 horsepower. Will the 79cc engine pull me up hills? My thoughts are what can a extra half horsepower do? Going from 2.5 horsepower to 3 horsepower doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. Help..... also I put a picture of my bike. Will the 212cc or 79cc engines even fit on my bike?

Attachments

• 20160722_144311.jpg
    20160722_144311.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 7,188
hi. i really don't understand where they are getting the 2.5 hp from. they advertised the max power in metric as 1.5KW which is ~2hp. since this is an Asian motor and from my experience, I feel 1.5KW or ~2HP is more sensible.

Max Power(kw/r/min)
1.5 KW / 2.5 HP / 6800

also, the 3 hp for the 79cc predator is the governed hp. many people remove the governer to get beyond the 3600 max rpm. another good thing about the predator is that the clutch shoe comes with different springs so you can tailor the rpm you want to engage the transmission at.

the bad thing is that you need to make or buy a throttle hook up.

if you were to go the harbor freight route, i think you should keep your old bike and build on a new bike. ive seen the 79cc on regular bikes but you need to remove the tank, muffler, and possible the carb and replace them with racing/go-cart ones.

What about my weight? Keep in mind I would like to go uphill at a decent speed. Will 3 hp be enough to pull 203 pounds plus the bike and engine? Or should I get the 6.5 hp.

What about my weight? Keep in mind I would like to go uphill at a decent speed. Will 3 hp be enough to pull 203 pounds plus the bike and engine?
I'm sure it will.... I think these motors make more power than they say

The HT 2 stroke makes 1/2 what the company's say though:D

Any recommendations on the frame?
I recommend the Hobart BYOF
:):p

The 212 is so big I don't think there is a frame out there that it will fit in w/o modifications

My bikes frame DEFINITELY isn't pretty too look at but I built it too get the job done so looks don't matter to me:D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,463
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,727
I recommend the Hobart BYOF
:):p

The 212 is so big I don't think there is a frame out there that it will fit in w/o modifications

My bikes frame DEFINITELY isn't pretty too look at but I built it too get the job done so looks don't matter to me:D
I guess ill try the 79cc. Cause that would impress the ladies lol :D:rolleyes:;)

I was looking on eBay and I found this Ducar Clone Engine 196 CC. It looks kind of smaller than the Harbor Freight 212 CC I wonder if I can use that instead 6 and a half horsepower

Back