79cc Lifan Engine Mods?

Rocky

Local time
5:47 PM
Are there any performance parts for this engine? I removed the govenor,but I’m looking for maybe intake and carb options,exhaust options,and maybe stiffer valve springs. Do these parts even exist? This is the motor that comes in the new Phatmoto Rover from Gasbike/Kingsmotors websites.
8A2AE8ED-A211-4AB5-BC30-98E2AC93A874.jpeg
F376E28A-DAD7-4F3A-AB6C-8552817A7CF4.jpeg
5078EDD2-E26F-433F-BE64-6970A51622D0.jpeg

Attachments

• B429563B-4E75-420A-9251-796B5D48C9BD.jpeg
    B429563B-4E75-420A-9251-796B5D48C9BD.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 1,378
Are there any performance parts for this engine? I removed the govenor,but I’m looking for maybe intake and carb options,exhaust options,and maybe stiffer valve springs. Do these parts even exist? This is the motor that comes in the new Phatmoto Rover from Gasbike/Kingsmotors websites. View attachment 87963View attachment 87964View attachment 87965
Hi I think you're not getting any response because it's turnkey, I've got one to still breaking it in, bypassed the governor, yesterday hit 36 MPH on the way to work don't want to push it though! and that's stock, still need to clean up the jackshaft a bit maybe replace the back brake pads, but seams like a good deal for what you get

Hi I think you're not getting any response because it's turnkey, I've got one to still breaking it in, bypassed the governor, yesterday hit 36 MPH on the way to work don't want to push it though! and that's stock, still need to clean up the jackshaft a bit maybe replace the back brake pads, but seams like a good deal for what you get
Mind you I've done a China girl 2stroke and rather surprised with the power and performance, but I already burned up the top end and I need dependable, try some of the gocart sites, supposably it's a gx100 Honda clone and it holds around 20 ounces of oil that should help it run cooler and stronger, good luck.

low octane fuel unless you want it to die... 98 killed my 142f at least. no issues with 91...

unified head and cylinder?... no chance of raising compression. so again, low octane fuel. better fuel is a waste of money.

single lobe cam operating both valves. so its virtually impossible to change the timing by modding the cam. stiffer valve springs will just wear out the lobe faster and sap power. unless its valve bouncing. which i doubt.

theres nothing off the shelf you can buy. all you can do is try something like a mikuni or oko 22mm carb and an open exhaust... then fiddle...

Great info,thank you! I already welded up a straight pipe,and had no power/speed increase from it. I’ll try a 22mm carb like you suggested. Maybe that and the pipe together will give me a tad more. I’d love to see a 212cc predator engine on one of these Phatmoto bikes instead of that 79cc Lifan engine. I just want to see somebody do it first so I have something to follow along to.

sadly no. there are no aftermarket parts aside from carb, intake, exhaust. you're in the same boat as Predators and other clones in that size but the good news is you can definately supe it up yourself with a little work. Some Honda valve train parts can fit or engine made to accept in the way of valves, springs & rockers. I'd start with looking at GX100 parts and try to get measurements/specs on them before buying. At the point you'd spend $200 on engine upgrades you'd probably be farther ahead to go with a bigger engine or downsize to a high revving 49cc which is lighter and actually has a higher top speed than a 79

They are vee rubber tires,also known as v-twinz tires. The size are 26 by 2.125. They wear pretty slow,but they don’t wear down as slow as the mtb thickslick tires do. I still like the thickslicks on my other bike better than these v-twinz.

mechanical fuel injection carb will fit it ... i did one on my bike
Tillotson TCT Mechanical Fuel Injection - GoPowerSports.com

https://www.gopowersports.com/tillotson-tct-mechanical-fuel-injection/

Rating: 5 - ‎4 votes - ‎$39.95 - ‎In stock
GO FAST WITH TILLOTSON TCT MECHANICAL FUEL INJECTION. This is a direct replacement for your Predator 212cc or any Honda 6.5hp clone carburetor.
You've visited this page 4 times. Last visit: 7/11/19

TCT Archives - Tillotson

https://tillotson.ie › Shop › Carburetors

Our new TillotsonTCT carburetor is really more than just a carburetor; it's a fully integrated fuel system that combines a form of mechanical fuel injection with ...

Are there any performance parts for this engine? I removed the govenor,but I’m looking for maybe intake and carb options,exhaust options,and maybe stiffer valve springs. Do these parts even exist? This is the motor that comes in the new Phatmoto Rover from Gasbike/Kingsmotors websites. View attachment 87963View attachment 87964View attachment 87965
Did u ever find any motor mods..I have one too and want to get mor power

Back