79cc Predator 4 stroke on Beach cruiser

ronphelps

Local time
9:28 AM
P3150421.jpgHello, Thought I would put out there What I have been working on. A 79cc Harbor Freight 4 stroke engine not yet finished but very close. Need to hook up the chains and wire the lights that I have installed to be using a 12volt moped battery. Generated off the rear tire with a generator to charge the battery. I should add that most every thing that has been done so far has been ideas that I have borrowed from the internet as well as this forum. I am very thankfull for the forum and the Ideas. I have added some pics. and welcome any new ideas where I should go from here on this Thanks Also I will add more pics as it should be done real soon Will Let the forum know how fast it goes and how reliable it is P2150393.jpgP3150420.jpgP3150422.jpg

Last edited:
Ron, I think you will like the HF79.
I have that engine on bike number one, I did increase the main jet size a couple of thousandths and this helped eliminate the need to keep the choke on for a long time when cold starting (all these newer engines are jetted lean).
I disconnected the governor, the engine power goes flat at about 5 grand.

Hello, Yes I think I like the 79cc HFso much that I bought a second one for a spare. Really cheap easy to get. and fits on bike easy. I also removed the gov. on this one. I do have a lot of time and money in this but mostly from trial and error mistakes like the 80cc kit. also wondering if this is right and that. Got to the point of just doing it right or wrong without a kit basicly fairly easy. I cut my teeth on this one and still have plans for the 6.5 HF> It should be MUCH easier this time. I have a better idea .Thanks Professor

Short update on Build

Hello, Here is an update on my 79cc predator bike cruiser build , I have had up to 40mph and that is PLENTY for me on this bike I have some vibration issues but after a steady speed is reached it's fine. Here are some new pics as well thanks P5130499.jpgP5130497.jpg

why did you run the exhaust pipe all the way around to the other side of bike instead just straight back on the same side? Am I missing something here?

why did you run the exhaust pipe all the way around to the other side of bike instead just straight back on the same side? Am I missing something here?

Looks like he wanted to use that exhaust rather than the stock exhaust that it comes with (which sucks).. but this was too long just to stuck out from behind him so he wrapped it around and now its perfect.

OK, to answer your ?. I copied the work from a youtube video and there explanation made good sense. The upward slant of the intake would bring the pipe up and then down which would look awkward. Also there are the chain and sprocket going on there. It wasn't that hard to make, used an old shopping cart tubing for the natural bending and added length as needed. also there's the ten dollar muffler added on the end works real good. I think it looks cool looping around. make sure it's braced good. Any way most of the work was copied and adjusted. Learned as much as I can from this forum and you tube.

Back