79CC Rear Sprocket Help!

I'm afraid it's one or the other with a single speed sprocket setup and the engine you're using. For both you need a jack shaft setup to a shifter hub. With the occ I'm not sure what the bike will allow. You would need at least135mm dropouts for the internal hub. Sikk bike parts might have some info if the j shaft setup is possible on a occ? Else wise 5-7 is probably right on the 54t. If the engine doesn't have enough power to hit the gov. with the 44 a 48 or 54 might have at least the same top getting to the gov with better low end. As long as the chain stays run parallel you should be okay with sprocket/chain clearance to the stay. If the stays converge in toward the front it can restrict the size sprocket you can use.
View media item 62630
View media item 62629
View media item 62417
Those bikes look sick,I wanted to also add I got the 54 t (I have a 79cc predator 4 stroke) and Im hoping once I can hit the governor I can start modding. I also wanted to ask you guys know anything about gov delete in a 79cc? I have read about people in forums not being able to run or start or idle after they remove the gov. If I were to do it properly (nothing falls out such as cams or anything) would my engine still run fine?

Do you remember where you got those wheels in your #1 and #2 pictures? I need a couple 24" for my next bike, I have a couple 17" M/C wheels that once the rubber gets put on will be close to 24". I just want the wheels to be a little lighter than those.
I have read about people in forums not being able to run or start or idle after they remove the gov. If I were to do it properly (nothing falls out such as cams or anything) would my engine still run fine?

Those bikes look sick,I wanted to also add I got the 54 t (I have a 79cc predator 4 stroke) and Im hoping once I can hit the governor I can start modding. I also wanted to ask you guys know anything about gov delete in a 79cc? I have read about people in forums not being able to run or start or idle after they remove the gov. If I were to do it properly (nothing falls out such as cams or anything) would my engine still run fine?
Thanks. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the 79's so won't be much help.

Last edited:
I have read about people in forums not being able to run or start or idle after they remove the gov. If I were to do it properly (nothing falls out such as cams or anything) would my engine still run fine?
Remove the spark plug. Remove the recoil cover and the cup, place the cup to the side and put the nut back on the end of the crank just about all the way. Leave a thread or two off. Now the tricky part, put some pressure on the back of the flywheel with a bar levered behind it, don't use to much force on the bar, you might crack your case. Then give the nut a couple taps with a hammer and the flywheel will pop off. Don't loose the woodruff key.

Yes the cam will fall out if a little care isn't taken to prevent it. Place the pull start cover back on the motor and lie the motor down on the pull start side and remove the 6 screws, and gently lift off the cover. The crankshaft seal will be holding it in place so a little effort might be needed. Once the cover is off then you can see the end of the crank and the cam. The cam will have a mark, most of the time it's a little hole drilled into the edge, this is the timing mark for the cam. On the gear that is on the crank that the cam rides on is another mark. Those two marks have to line up when you put it back together, they only line up at top dead center (TDC) on the compression stroke. Now stand the motor up on it's base and let the oil drain out, if the motor is new there will only be a tiny bit. If you have already had the motor in service, then drain the oil before you start.

The governor arm now can be dropped out through the top, you will have to rotate the crank some to get the arm to clear. Then go to the flywheel side and with a punch and a hammer knock the governor gear out. It will fall inside the motor. Get two screws of an appropriate to screw into the holes left where the governor parts were located.

If you have any concerns, take a picture and post it here.

Back