79cc Tranny choice

BaraaBikes

Local time
7:35 AM
So, I decided to revert my 2 stroke engine onto a normal bike frame and now I decided I want to do a 79cc Predator engine on my OCC Chopper Frame, I’ve been doing some reading but I’m very confused as to what I should get for my drivetrain.. some people recommend a special drivetrain from gasbike or others have really big sprockets, I really don’t want to spend the extra money but what do you guys recommend I get that'll give me a decent high end? What’s stopping me from getting a 38t sprocket and get a clutch and just wrap a chain around both and be done?

For a high end I want around 45ish mph and decent torque so I don’t spend years trying to get to top speed

212CC Preadator i mean we are already spending money here JUST GO ALL THE WAY

BTW Will how's your HS
Going on a green specialized hard rock bike. It will fit way better on there than the chopper bike. Now I have to fumble around with rag joint sprockets. I'd like to get a solid axle wheel with 6 holes on the left side. TBH if you could just buy a phatmoto roller it'd be cool rear disc and sprocket already and front suspension as well as gas tank frame. You'd get a higher top speed out of the huasheng on a phatmoto especially with a gearing change. 3600 rpm vs 7,000 is a big difference. Not sure why they chose the GX100 clone for the phatmoto. I'm sure you could mod it though. An ungoverned HS144F with an EZM or higher gearing would be cool. I don't like that bushing design to me a regular sealed bearing clutch bell to the sealed bearing jackshaft would be a good transmission

Last edited:
Back