8) Howdy from Tacoma, WA!

U

uncle_punk13

Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
Well, my name is Rif Addams, I hail from Washington State. I have, and have had, a number of different moto-bikes My first moto-bike was a Zipper engine kit mounted on a 1960's Huffy middleweight that was butchered painted camoflauge (The guy I got it from said it was used to go rabbit hunting up in the foothills... ) and from the first ride around the block I was hooked!
Engines I've had:
Zipper~ tecumseh 49'er rear friction drive
Bike Bug/Little Devil~ Tanaka manufactured *indestructible* 23cc front wheel friction drive
Island Hopper/Harbor Freight~ Tecumseh 49'er Rear wheel friction drive
Whizzer~ I rode this one from San Francisco to New York in 2003 to re-create the first motorized crossing of the U.S. by George A. Wyman in 1903 on a motor-bicycle.
50cc Grube~ rear wheel chain drive
80cc Grube~ built on a Schwinn camelback Speedster frame with a bit of kustomization
Whizzer NE5 'hot rod'~ The frame/bike for this one is under construction and being heavily modified to endure my cross country adventure this coming July; Washington to Indiana.
um, I don't know, I just love old bikes, the art of creating a moto-bike, and the hardship of the long hard road riding these things across the country.
Glad to be here and look foward to interacting with other like minded individuals.
Happy New Year everyone!!!
Rif

woohoo! i just knew there had to be more than one of us up here 8)

welcome to the 'board, uncle_punk13 8)

welcome rif your quite the road warrior ive read some of your postd on other forums and photos of your trips across county amazing looking foward to some pics cool larry ca

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!!!
I'm gonna see if I can load some pic.s here in a few minutes.
Rif

Avatr pic.

Yup That's me in the picture. I thump and twang the bass.
That was taken in October at our local people's choice music awards for the Weekly Volcano (an entertainment rag), we were number one in the Country category.
The name of the band is "Rodeo Kill" we are country with a hard rock edge.
If you're interested you can check us out at rodeokill Dot com.
I've only been in the band a couple of years, and I grew up in a small farming community;
I was inspired not too long ago by all this country music playin' and slapped together a motobike that I dubbed "The Barnstormer" the Idea behind it was to build something that looked like a couple of ten year old kids put together out in the barn with whatever spare parts they could find. It came off GREAT.
I just went out to my storage barn. started grabbing spare parts, took the rear tire scrubber engine kit I had sitting on the shelf, and slapped on some of my Country cd's. In a weekend I had my finished mochine!
Fun stuff,
Rif

cool beans, man...in the shed with the tunes cranked, the only way to build one of these 8)

i enjoy a casual online acquaintance with dave chastain, have his collection, good stuff (bluesy country-fied rock from the 70s/80s)...you know of him?

btw-we don't mind if ya post the actual link, tho i mucho appreciate your consideration :)

Sounds like you're bringing some good experience our way. Hope to see you in Indiana this summer. There is two of us right now in Indianapolis. (Heath being the other)

Back