8 speed shifter?

As a child we had a game, What's Wrong with this Picture.

That vid brought that game to mind. :eek: :cool:

7 speed nexus

I was accquainted with a guy named Kevin, who jackshafted a hopped up 80 into a nexus, went like a scalded dog till he blew it up, the nexus will NOT take it, generally a derailer will, Mike

Re: 7 speed nexus

MotorbikeMike said:
I was accquainted with a guy named Kevin, who jackshafted a hopped up 80 into a nexus, went like a scalded dog till he blew it up, the nexus will NOT take it, generally a derailer will, Mike

Ok, So you mean an 80cc engine into a Nexus mounted like a jackshaft or an 80cc engine into a jackshaft and then to a Nexus wheel?

Kevin's Bike

I used to have pics of Kevin's cruiser, but, he made a jackshaft, and ran to the people side. Then he had a freewheel people sprocket to keep from beating his feet to death. The jackshaft chain ran back to the ill-fated Nexus, in the drop-out where it belongs, Mike

I just plan on removing the pedals for the time being and maybe going to freewheel. I still have not decided yet given my plans for the Tecumseh engine :)

Those dang freewheel cranks are 150$ or there abouts to get it all said and done :/

Well, not a ton of concrete data on the use of internally geared hubs being used on motored bikes, A few examples of success and a few of failure.. Seems as if using a derailer is more common and more reliable, yuck. I just don't dig the idea of having a chain flopping every which way. I wish there was a very small 3-5 speed dog-type transmission similar to what might have been on a pre-30's motorcycle. Something thats smaller than 3" or so on any given side and has a manual clutch. It would be great to mount something like this close to the engine and have a nice, clean looking-looking motorbike.
How does that sound? Anyone else wish for something like this?

Back