80 c.c runs best on half choke..whats wrong ?

well actually.. i didnt have a drill bit that small...I used my dremel tool and I had a bunch of goofy dremel bits . One was a pointed bit that started out real thin and slowly got wider down the shaft and it was kind of a rough texture on it so it would cut away some of the copper inside the jet where the hole was.....It wasnt very scientifc or accurate, but it worked....so im happy :} ....

wow...thats the same type of dremel bit I used then.......

I am still on my 1st tank of gas break in procedure.....but im having serious doubts that these 69 cc engines { thats are often called 80 cc} will pull a full grown man 40 mph on level ground like some sellers claim.....unless they are modded. Of course, 25 mph on a bicycle is plenty fast for me...

as soon as I break this engine in, I actually want to install it on a adult tricycle for my wife to ride into town about 20 miles away and do small chores. Can anyone recomeend a adult tricycle that this engine will easily mount to ? And, would it make sense to try and connect the engine sprocket to the front wheel of the tricycle instead of the back 2 wheels ?

ITS FIXED....

it was my jet....had to use my dremel tool and drilled it out twice. It now runs great with the clip lowered 1 notch on the needle valve and choke fully off...

should I drill the jet a lill bigger so I can put the clip in the middle position of the needle valve now....or doesnt it matter where that clip is ?

Good to hear...:D

High Five to Myright.
He seems to know what going on .

As to mods...Keep it simple.

Cheers

Bob

BlueCollarBikes@gmail.com

I had this problem with one of my kits. It always had to run with the choke half closed. I played with the carburetor for a couple of days. Nothing worked. So I took a carb from another kit and it ran perfectly. These things are so simple I can't imagine where the defect was, but it was defective. I replaced the carb with one from boygofast on ebay. ($20 with shipping). New carb, no prob.

To elaborate

I had this problem with one of my kits. It always had to run with the choke half closed. I played with the carburetor for a couple of days. Nothing worked. So I took a carb from another kit and it ran perfectly. These things are so simple I can't imagine where the defect was, but it was defective. I replaced the carb with one from boygofast on ebay. ($20 with shipping). New carb, no prob.

I believe there may have been an air leak where the carb connected to the intake manifold, because, the final time I removed it a piece (under the clamp) broke off of the carburetor.

rumme .Not only fixed the problom.
he Aslo learned a bit more about diagnosing the problem making he now more knowledgeable about his Engine and he didn't have to waste $20 ON a carb he didn't need.

Nice Work rumme!!

Cheers

Bob

Back