80 cc bicycle clutch

I purchased a bicycle with 49cc motor, the bicycle supposably just sat outside, for about 1 year (my guess)
OK here's my question; the clutch was frozen so messig with it the center, where the three posts are broke free( it now spins freely, is it supposed to) and when it does there's a noticeable metal to metal grinding noise, is it supposed to sound like that, oh I almost forgot, when I got the bike , the clutch big sprocket, where the pads are was completely rusted, would I have to completely break down clutch to apply lube/grease internally?? Thank-you

crassius

I purchased a bicycle with 49cc motor, the bicycle supposably just sat outside, for about 1 year (my guess)
OK here's my question; the clutch was frozen so messig with it the center, where the three posts are broke free( it now spins freely, is it supposed to) and when it does there's a noticeable metal to metal grinding noise, is it supposed to sound like that, oh I almost forgot, when I got the bike , the clutch big sprocket, where the pads are was completely rusted, would I have to completely break down clutch to apply lube/grease internally?? Thank-you
the bearing inside that hub is often noisy, but only spins when clutch is out, so no big deal when you're actually riding

if you can get some of the rust off, do so, but important thing is to get grease on the teeth of the small gear and the big gear without using so much that it gets onto the pads of the clutch

if you get crap onto pads, you can take them out and clean with some gas, then soap and water and put em back in

all in all. no biggie - enjoy

Ya it’s quite common that’s from more oil in the gas especially if it’s 16:1. Your clutch plate is what goes ontop on the 3 studs if the plate is scraping but not moving the big gear it needs tightened. Are you sure it’s 49cc? Looks like a regular 66cc. I wouldn’t mind trying one of those 48cc/49cc 2 strokes that is a legal engine size for mopeds.

Last edited:

crassius

yeah, oil doesn't really burn in the mix, but when you start doimg long trips it will come off as smoke out of pipe (and some will just stick onto inside of muffler) - if you only run short trips, put a piece of paper under it to drip on : )

OK guys" help"; when I was reassembling clutch gear faceplate or gear cover, one with the clutch arm, how do I properly adjusted how far clutch pin hangs out, because I am unable to assemble cover, because pin is sticking out to far, how do I fix this problem???????**"thank-you"**????????

Attachments

crassius

no biggie, just turn the three drive cover screws carefully 1/2 turn at a time each till you force it all the way on - then you can adjust flower nut until arm points close to straight back with just a bit of play so arm is not tight on the rod