80 cc Grubee Skyhawk Mt Bike [ Huffy 26 ]

My bike was a long time coming, paint became an obssession, now too
cold to ride. Oh well, it runs good ! Wanted to send in picture, so here goes ...

Attachments

• H26 Runner left 2.jpg
    H26 Runner left 2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 2,094
  • H26 Runner Rt Ft One.jpg
    H26 Runner Rt Ft One.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,104
Thats a really thick frame... how did you get the engine mounted correctly?

The ' wide frame mount ' included with the kit bolts through frame. I fastened rear mount loosely, positioned front mount, marked hole. Drilled 1/8 hole, used sheetmetal screw to center / align mount, than brazed mount to downtube. I was later chagrinned to find couldn't get bolts up into mount. Wound up dimpling tubing to clear. 4" long, all thread, M6 bolts got it done for me. I used the bottom saddle bracket for safety,
Allen Heads under the ' bikini ' mount would have looked slicker, but I wanted the added safety of the saddle's clamping force. The 1/2 hole in front mount got a rubber chair tip as a vibration dampener. The dimpling looked hellish, and was filled with PC - 7 epoxy
prior to prime / paint .

Good looking mountain bike. I seem have the same kind of timing. You might need fenders to protect that bright white paint.

Paint has me baffled, I'm tired of Blue [ former color ] and Black [ too common ]
I went with the white, because if I ever decide on a paint scheme, I'll have a white basecoat. No idea for color of the Beach Cruiser I'll someday build.

Back