80cc 2 stroke motor start and then just sputters out

MSowards87

That’s scary right. I’ve been there too. You learn very quick then. But the short burst is awesome feeling tho especially when new to it.
oh my God yeah the best I've had it going is about 25 for about one two hundred feet until the chain fell off sprocket was definitely awesome definitely can't wait until it's finally up and running

Don_Parsons

Most farm supply outlets won't handle 415 chain links...

The closest you'll find is the standard American 41 chain to match a 415 ...

So close but no cigar...

A 41 chain and its link can replace the 415 chain... and it """will""" work with the 415 sprokets...

But neither of these chain links will work by switching them out...

Ok,,, thats not totally true,,, the connecting link of a standard American 41 will fit into a 415 chain,,, it will be loose since the pin size is a fraction smaller then a 415,,, a 415 link will not fit into a 41 chain...

Even though the 41 chain pins are the slightest smaller,,, they are super strong because of quality control standard 👍...

If,,, I repeat,,, if you switch over to a Standard American 41 chain,,, grab a hand full of new 41 connectors links,,, and you can get 1/2 link connectors too...

They sell 10 foot rolls for about $22 Usd funds and it comes with 1 connector link...

Also,,, a standard 41 chain is like 0.5 of a mm wider then a 415 chain...

No biggy with that part of the puzzle 😁

Yes,,, make sure that the rear sproket is lined up straight with the wheel,,, use 3 bolts to get it as close to balanced as possible,,, then catch up with the other 6 bolts that secure the rear sproket too the spokes...

Pay attention to the all round """roll-out""",,,
I use old steel feller gauges in the area where the 3 main bolts are to get the sproket too center true around the hub bearing hosing...

A faction of run out isn't bad,,, the least we see is better...

Like our good friend Fur On the Inside has said many a times...

The position of the bottom carry back roller needs special attention... the carry back rollers that come in the kits are crap... 🐄💩...

They might be good enough for getting going,,, a person might consider getting a better quality setup going sooner than later...

Just a suggestion that is... 🤔

The drive chain works best if its not too tight,,, and deffinaly not too loose...

All of us learn this over time...

We check alot of things on our power bikes before and after each ride,,, this is how we know whats going on...

Take notes,,, write things down,,, its wize to know what is what at that moment in time,,, and later on...

All of a sudden we know what works best...

Gather up all the information about our bike,,, measurements and dimensions... Same for our engines and the kit...

A person might think that this is irrelevant,,, but rest assure,,, you'll look back at this down the road and realize how important those notes are...

Especially when it comes time to ordering replacement parts for the bike,,, your engine,,, and components that are the kit and replacement stuff... LOL...

A keen parts dude/ dude'et will ask you if you know what size a particular item is that your looking for,,, and your reply will be what !!!

The best """keen/ or sharp""" at the stick is the notes and record keeping you have in front of you...

Well organized notes and documentation is also part of this game...

Thats what the Old guy told me years ago... It rings true too me back then as it does today...

From upside down fuel filter Don... LOL

***PS: *** Our power bikes are only as good as the person who works on them,,, and we are only as good as our power bikes will let us be...

If we fail to plan,,, our plan will fail...

How far do we want to walk with a broken ride !!!

Last edited:

Chainlube

Before you put your chain back on, trial fit it on your wheel sprocket. Wrap it around and make sure that its smooth. I had a bad wheel sprocket and the chain would run up, pop, and then break.

MSowards87

You got my RESPECT.... You're willing to learn and not cry about it. (y)(y)
now ever since I was a kid the more I wanted something the harder it was to get it to work this is not my first experience was it something frustrating at this point by the time I do get it going I'll know pretty much anything I need to know to fix it or diagnose it always got to look on the plus side

mony0_3

now ever since I was a kid the more I wanted something the harder it was to get it to work this is not my first experience was it something frustrating at this point by the time I do get it going I'll know pretty much anything I need to know to fix it or diagnose it always got to look on the plus side
I've been building these MB's for 3 years and no two run the same. Some run pretty good and some take time to get going.

MSowards87

I've been building these MB's for 3 years and no two run the same. Some run pretty good and some take time to get going.
right small this is my first motor experience of any size but I definitely see getting into the hobby play pray to God once they get my new chain that it starts up I didn't really have much of a chance to test it before master link broke I know I'll get it going eventually with your guys's help