80cc 2 stroke motor start and then just sputters out

Can you take a pic of your gas tank mounts and did you use blue loctite on them ?

Put a strip of old inner tube between the tank and frame.
okay I will try that that'll work out perfectly I have to go get a new inner tube tomorrow for the front tire anyway awesome thank you I'd have gone through a lot of gas and a lot of fire risk if it keeps happening LOL

I’m very glad to see you on the road now . I’m doing the happy dance for you. I had total confidence that you would get there with all of us on here. I also appreciate you coming back to tell us it’s going. Kuddos to you staying patience.

Last edited:
I’m very glad to see you on the road now . I’m doing the happy dance for you. I had total confidence that you would get there with all of us on here. I also appreciate you coming back to tell us it’s going. Kuddos to you staying patience.
Well thank God I was able to find I chain in my town from a friend no other store had it and it would takeI13th for Amazon to deliver at the moment I'm trying to find about how much two new treads would be and if it would be worth getting a pull start for the motor

Well thank God I was able to find I chain in my town from a friend no other store had it and it would takeI13th for Amazon to deliver at the moment I'm trying to find about how much two new treads would be and if it would be worth getting a pull start for the motor
I sent you a pm

and not sure if I'm supposed to but I smell gas when I unscrew the spark plug
that helps alot knowing you smell gas in the cylinder tells me you soaked the plug i would suggest using a blow torch on your spark plug till it turns orange but sometimes this dont work so you might need a new spark before you put it in thou might wanna change jetting so it dont happen again

yes I do know all of that what I am saying is when I do all of that on the last step when you pull it in the clutch once a motor start it does not actually stay running it cuts the motor off until I release the clutch and then the motor kicks back on but it does not run when I pull the clutch it in I know in the video is I've seen it supposed to still be real or rumbling just not controlling the chain so you can stop and slow down but mine is not my motor completely stop and makes no noise until I release the clutch again and then it instantly re-engage
i would screw your idle screw all the way in and go out 2 full rotations then do your jetting again a 2-stroke should have no problems with idle unless you have a problem

Back