80cc Bobber Lowrider Project

I scored a junked out Huffy frame. Fresh paint, grease and some new components. She's coming together nicely. I can never get used to how these bent springers ride.
Could get interesting at hi speed.
PART_1433779256144_0607150851.jpg

Wow! That looks like a great rake/trail experiment! That looks like a LOT of rake; how does this bike handle?

Not for beginners. Bent Springers have an awkward wobble and poor turning radius. The over-compensated apes seem to help strangely enough. She's coming along tho.
PART_1434050976314_0611151223.jpg

Love those dice........thought you were supposed to hang them from the mirror, also like that stinger exhaust. I've never ridden with ape hangers but it looks like your hands could go numb from having them elevated for long time periods.

Wait a minute, after blowing up that picture, they are hanging from the mirror! Too cool.

bent springers break quick too, you gotta be careful with those.
Indeed they do.

Keep a very close eye on the 'flattened and drilled' Springer tube pivot points Leroy.

SpringerFail.jpg

A pothole at 20 MPH might well lead to catastrophic endo face plant failure.

Death trap, I know. All it need's is a suicide shifter. Thanks for the heads up. 3rd Bent springer bike, 1st motorized tho.

Death trap, I know.
All it need's is a suicide shifter.
Funny you should mention those old 10-speed suicide shifters on the neck, did you see on the news about Ambassador John Kerry breaking his leg riding a 10-speed bicycle?

The news clip didn't show him fall, but it showed him wobbling all over looking down trying to shift gears, priceless ;-}

When your family net worth is only $400 million, it's tough to come up with the bucks for brake lever shifters!

Wayne

Back