For Sale 80cc Chinese engine with mods for sale...

Hi guys,

I have an 80cc chinese engine with various mods such as high compression head, 2 stroked pipe/silencer, upgraded race CDI, upgraded race carb, CNC clutch side cover.... the engine only has a short time of use on it and all seems to be running ok, but I did notice the last time I took it out there was some slight bog but I think that is just a carb issue...also note, that I tapped out the lower mount case bolt holes to M8 vs. the smaller M6 to be able to fit my custom jack shaft....

I'm selling it because I'm taking my bike apart as I no longer use it. At worst, it makes a great spare engine for parts. I can box this up and ship to anywhere in Can or US. If I don't sell this quick, it's going to the recycling depot. 199$CAD, totally open to offers...

20210320_134842.jpg

20210320_134857.jpg

20210320_141440.jpg

Where in Canada are you? And would you sell the whole bike?
I'm in Quebec, near Ottawa, yeah I might entertain selling the whole bike but still not sure, don't think I'd ship it either....My idea was to just part it out, sell all the parts and keep the frame as a souvenir ( built it many years ago), it's pretty cool but I have an electric motorcycle so this doesn't get much use anymore....

You also have to remember you're powering ~ 5hp through a bike chain so you can't really just treat it like a normal dirt bike, you have to be careful with the clutch, pedal into the power etc. and the derailleur needs to be bang on or things will go crunch. So it's a great little bike, will do 70+KM on a tank...handles all sorts of MTB trails, but it can be fussy... so just wasn't sure there would be much of a market for that. Hence the parting out...

I'm in Quebec, near Ottawa, yeah I might entertain selling the whole bike but still not sure, don't think I'd ship it either....My idea was to just part it out, sell all the parts and keep the frame as a souvenir ( built it many years ago), it's pretty cool but I have an electric motorcycle so this doesn't get much use anymore....

You also have to remember you're powering ~ 5hp through a bike chain so you can't really just treat it like a normal dirt bike, you have to be careful with the clutch, pedal into the power etc. and the derailleur needs to be bang on or things will go crunch. So it's a great little bike, will do 70+KM on a tank...handles all sorts of MTB trails, but it can be fussy... so just wasn't sure there would be much of a market for that. Hence the parting out...
Yeah I'm in Hamilton and wouldn't consider shipping it either, just thought if close enough I'd pick it up but all good thanks man! Did a nice job, I know full well how curtailed proper setup is and how s**tty the derailleur's can be I'd use a geared hub myself but i put about 10hp out of the engine and have ripped wheels apart LOL. You'd be surprised though you should easily be able to sell it complete if price is reasonable, hell I know some folks closer to you that may be interested.

Yeah I'm in Hamilton and wouldn't consider shipping it either, just thought if close enough I'd pick it up but all good thanks man! Did a nice job, I know full well how curtailed proper setup is and how sh**ty the derailleur's can be I'd use a geared hub myself but i put about 10hp out of the engine and have ripped wheels apart LOL. You'd be surprised though you should easily be able to sell it complete if price is reasonable, hell I know some folks closer to you that may be interested.

haha, 10HP is INSANE man, that will even rip a 420 dirtbike chain lol.... Once you get the derailleur dialed in and if you just leave it in the climbing gear, you can definitely wale on it a bit more during climbs and not worry about it, bike chains are surprisingly strong, the weak point is the cassette and derailleur fer shur, it's if it has any skips or if debris get's caught in it, that's when things go *POP&CRUNCH! lol.

Listen, if I knew it was going to a good home, someone who builds and tinkers, someone who was going to take care of it and use it and not just let it sit and collect dust if something breaks, then yeah man, I'd probably sell the whole thing. If you know anyone nearby who is interested, tell them to get in touch..

Big_yellow.jpg

Back