80cc Cylinder G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukesky36

Local time
12:29 PM
Found it on Ebay So can anyone explain what the idea behind cutting the transfer ports out?
s-l640.jpg

It was an older style, I think. I had a bike berry cylinder like that. It wears down rings faster, and allows for better flow.

That is the Flying Horse cylinder. It is supposed to allow more flow. The part in the middle of the transfer is to help with ring wear. Never used one yet.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
what gets me is the always open transfers. I'm just trying to learn about port timing, and this throws a monkey wrench into the works. really clean casting tho mine's not scruffy at all! the split exhaust seems small and needs widened. I'll probably leave the transfers alone. so much simpler. oh and it came on 6mm studs but fits 8. other than the intake being square and small exhaust, I bet it outflows a lot of stock jugs. once the transfers r open, they open more n more until max at BDC. o_O
untitled.jpg
untitled2.jpg

I got mine from BGF on a complete motor he lists as 2019. I'll start a thread on it bcs there's some weird stuff abt this engine lol

not open so much I see now at BDC jug back on. better widen them :) and the piston does not reveal the ex port all the way.
tports_g4.jpg

what gets me is the always open transfers. I'm just trying to learn about port timing, and this throws a monkey wrench into the works. really clean casting tho mine's not scruffy at all! the split exhaust seems small and needs widened. I'll probably leave the transfers alone. so much simpler. oh and it came on 6mm studs but fits 8. other than the intake being square and small exhaust, I bet it outflows a lot of stock jugs. once the transfers r open, they open more n more until max at BDC. o_O
View attachment 87218View attachment 87219
I got mine from BGF on a complete motor he lists as 2019. I'll start a thread on it bcs there's some weird stuff abt this engine lol
It's the same bottom end as the super rat- GT5 SR. Can't wait to see pictures! I have been eyeballing that bottom end lol, sounds funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back