80cc engine, chain will not stay on rear sprocket past a single rotation,

SK8ERSQUREL

Local time
5:36 PM
I'm having an issue with my 80 cc here. I've had it for maybe 2 months and have had it running maybe a month in total. Never had this issue before the other day, when it fell on its side. I check everything out and everything looks and feels ok, same alignment as before and all the same. But now it pops off the sprocket easily. It gets to a point where the edge of the chain is on the teeth of the sprocket, not settling in place and it then drags the chain to the inside of the rim where it pops off. Again, alignment tension vibration all that has been checked and cleared. Sprocket isn't bent. Only change I made was tightening the hub so it doesn't wobble anymore. Any ideas? On the edge of a breakdown much time effort and money put into this thing, it's my only transportation. Please help!!!! This is my baby!

I'm having an issue with my 80 cc here. I've had it for maybe 2 months and have had it running maybe a month in total. Never had this issue before the other day, when it fell on its side. I check everything out and everything looks and feels ok, same alignment as before and all the same. But now it pops off the sprocket easily. It gets to a point where the edge of the chain is on the teeth of the sprocket, not settling in place and it then drags the chain to the inside of the rim where it pops off. Again, alignment tension vibration all that has been checked and cleared. Sprocket isn't bent. Only change I made was tightening the hub so it doesn't wobble anymore. Any ideas? On the edge of a breakdown much time effort and money put into this thing, it's my only transportation. Please help!!!! This is my baby!
Possibly bent the actual chainstays and the rear wheel sits too far to one side, see if the tire still sits along the centerline of the bike and is lined up with the the seat tube.

The other possibility is that the chain tensioner is out of place and rolling the chain over the teeth but that's an easy to spot fix so unlikely..

So far all I had to do was leave it alone for a day and tighten the tensioner, which the threads were stripped on. I spaced it out with some washers and now it stays on just fine, so now I'm looking to love forward to top end upgrades if you guys have any ideas for that

Back