80cc engine problems

MA5TERJOK3R

Local time
2:09 PM
Okay so im normally on top with maintenance on my 80cc engine but here recently when i go to let it idle it dies while idling if you dont mind can someone give me some advise on what the problem might be?

It could be a number of things. If your engine passes a visual inspection and runs fine when the throttle is open, you might just need to increase your idle a bit with the idle adjustment screw.

It could be a number of things. If your engine passes a visual inspection and runs fine when the throttle is open, you might just need to increase your idle a bit with the idle adjustment screw.
I have done that but it still wants to Shut off while idling so im gonna replace the spark plug wensday and see what happens but if it acts the same ill still be taking advise to figure out the problem

new motor will need idle adjust a few times as it runs in - also, clutch may start to drag a bit & need an adjust

new motor will need idle adjust a few times as it runs in - also, clutch may start to drag a bit & need an adjust
Thanks but its not very much a new motor I've done everything needed for the break in process I've had it since the summer

Thanks but its not very much a new motor I've done everything needed for the break in process I've had it since the summer
With the cooler temps setting in the engines need more fuel than normal to idle partail choke can be used to help maintain the idle along with increasing the idle adjust.Crassius makes a good point also in that it's not uncommen for the clutch to need a little adjustment after awhile,Hold the clutch in all the way and walk with the bike if there is no drag present than all good if there is adjust accordingly now do the same thing with the clutch in it's locked postition because there is a difference between the two if no drag in the locked position then all good this is where the clutch should be set not fully pulled in at the lever because that little bit between the two is enough for it to grab and stall the engine.

Oh no i just figured out it was the spark plug now ive got to get a new one along with a new cdi cause the spark plug started meltung it

Oh no i just figured out it was the spark plug now ive got to get a new one along with a new cdi cause the spark plug started meltung it
Well since you're melting the spark plug you've probably reached the point where you buy a new engine, summer is close to 6 months away so that's what you could expect from one of these. Good luck with this.

Hell thats my means of transportation if anythinf im gonna get a bbr tuning engine and get er up and running but for now im gonna take it apart get a new spark plug a new cdi and clean the engine up

Hell thats my means of transportation if anythinf im gonna get a bbr tuning engine and get er up and running but for now im gonna take it apart get a new spark plug a new cdi and clean the engine up
You say that the spark plug is melting but that's impossible do you mean the plug boot that ataches the cdi to the spark plug? and if so any good small engine shop or motorcycle shop would have a better quality replacement if needed right away or order a copper core 7mm wire and a good boot online,If the boot was melting it was probably due to arcing witch means your cdi is fine and putting out good current.

Back