80cc engine won't start

R.Borq

Local time
9:49 PM
I checked for spark, strong spark, I placed my finger over hole , I have pressure and vacuum, i put spark plug back in turn over still not starting, i take carburetor off manifold, i place my finger over hole , while turning over no vacuum, no pressure, I'm thinking that's why it's not starting, not sucking in fuel, does anybody have any suggestions? I've been racking my brain over 2 weeks, maybe the rings, or the piston facing wrong way.
I'm going crazy, any tips or suggestions, please!
Thanks Robert.

I checked for spark, strong spark, I placed my finger over hole , I have pressure and vacuum, i put spark plug back in turn over still not starting, i take carburetor off manifold, i place my finger over hole , while turning over no vacuum, no pressure, I'm thinking that's why it's not starting, not sucking in fuel, does anybody have any suggestions? I've been racking my brain over 2 weeks, maybe the rings, or the piston facing wrong way.
I'm going crazy, any tips or suggestions, please!
Thanks Robert.
Welcome to the world of Chinese 2-stroke motorized bicycle engine kits. You said you're not getting any vacuum/compression after you reinstall the head with the sparks plug, but you are getting compression/vacuum at the sparks plug hole? First, I would remove the head and inspect the inside of the engine just to be sure something isn't really messed up, like a broken piston ring. Next, check if you're losing compression through the head, mine was not tightened properly from the factory which lead to compression and vacuum leakage. Then, check for clutch slippage. Mine also wound not start because the clutch slipped constantly from the factory, preventing the engine from turning over. Lastly, test for good fuel flow to to carburetor and that the float bowl is filling up, as well as for any air leaks the engine could have at the carburetor intake manifold. If it's not a spark/fuel issue, it's definitely a compression/intake issue. Best of luck!

Back