80cc motorised bike clutch reving

J

Jack Kubsch

When I ride my 80cc motorised bike and pull the clutch in it revs so high also when I put the chock down to kill the bike it keeps running and I have put on a new carby and cylinder block please help thanks

adjust the idle screw on the side or you have a vacuum leak in the intake or a crank seal

When I ride my 80cc motorised bike and pull the clutch in it revs so high also when I put the chock down to kill the bike it keeps running and I have put on a new carby and cylinder block please help thanks
You say a new carb and cyl. block. Are you running a dio reed engine with the epoxyed on intake block? Sounds like a air leak, but could also be a cable pulled out on one of the ends and be stuck causing the rev. Check cable ends first to make sure one is not hung up. Then if this just started after you changed the cerb and block check for air leaks at the new connections. If you have a propane torch you can spray the gas from the unlit torch around the new connections. If their is a leak the idle will die down. If it is a air leak you need to fix it ASAP or you will fry your engine. This method can also be used at the crank seals with the engine running. It's the cleanest way I know of for finding air leaks.
Just read the symptoms again and yes it's almost certainly a air leak because it won't die with the choke on. That means it's getting it's air elsewhere.

If you dont have an acetylene tank a can of carburetor cleaner will work in the same fashion.

Back