80cc Motorized Bike vs 1000w Ebike

E

Elementzs

Hello, I've recently ridden a 80cc motorized bike and loved the acceleration and speed. I've always wanted a ebike though, as it can hopefully keep the cops off my back. I was wondering whether anyone has had experience with both and could tell me whether they're relatively the same. Thank you.

Electric produces maximum torque at all rpms where a gas motor has to rev to reach its peak then it drops off.

If you want quiet to avoid the law and good acceleration you cant beat an e bike with the proper wattage.

for budget conscious and long range riding requirement, I would go with the gas motor. if you have the money I would go electric. and of course, go with the lawful one. in terms of operating, for me it was about the same - pedal to 8-10mph, turn on power, and go. I pedal even on electric to help the motor overcome inertia and save power. speed wise the gas will exceed 30 mph if properly installed and 1000w electric will be just at 30.

gas pro - cheap, long range (gas stations, one tank = 60-80mi)
gas con - lotsa maintenance, random quality on engine&parts, rear wheel wear, chain maintenance

electric pro - no maintenance, reliable, low wear on bike, no gas/oil, no noise, usually legal, easy to install (less than 1 hr)
electric con - expensive (lipo batteries), limited range, no gas station,

one cannot refill an electric from a jug in your backpack

Back