80cc seeutek issues

Kiddkaotikk

Local time
10:10 PM
Runs great really. Haven't adjusted the carb at all it starts great doesn't die when not giving throttle but it does die when clutch is pulled and leaks oil at head bolts. Haven't checked torque on head bolts. Anybody know why it dies, maybe a carb adjustment? or what the torque specs for the head bolts and exhaust bolt are?

After some reading here I see potential answers to the leaking head. But as to the clutch Killswitch I'm still oblivious. Is it not suppose to continue running with the clutch disengaged?

After some reading here I see potential answers to the leaking head. But as to the clutch Killswitch I'm still oblivious. Is it not suppose to continue running with the clutch disengaged?
Torque the head bolts and it will stay running, if looses a little bit of compression it will die.

Get a new head gasket and take the head off and sand it flat with a piece of fine sand paper taped to a piece of glass. i.e. mums window :ROFLMAO:
Use figure 8 motions, sand a bit and then look at it for low spots, areas that aren't sanded yet. Keep going until they are all gone.

One thing I'll add to sanding the head and cylinder top is to apply sharpie marker to the surfaces. That will provide a nice indicator for low areas. Once all the sharpie is sanded off, you should be good to go.

Also, there are some cases where the acorn nuts will bottom out before the cylinder head is fully seated. I prefer using regular open ended nuts, but you can also stack a couple of washers underneath the acorn nuts to prevent them from bottoming out.

Back