9 Hole 6 MM pattern???

A

andyinchville1

HI All,

After work today I was just sitting and looking at a sprocket (yes I really am a gear head at heart!) and I was just thinking today about some recent inquiries from people looking to buy a sprocket using the 9 hole 6 MM bolt mounting hardware as opposed to the HD 9 hole 8 MM bolt system....Generally I have advised that the step up to the HD system but sometimes people don't want to incur the additional expense (I don't sell the adapters but usually refer them to those who do)....Then it dawned on me....Why not incorporate the 9 hole 6 MM pattern on the same sprocket???....

Question is tho' does the 9 hole 6 MM pattern have the SAME center to center distances as the HD 9 Hole pattern....with the difference being just the mounting bolt diameters?....If so, I will incorporate them onto our sprockets as well to make them fit even more applications (as a side benefit, they will make the sprockets even lighter without sacrificing strength).

Thanks!

Andrew

Andy, the answer is no.
After purchasing your sprocket, I had to purchase a new 8mm kit.
They just didn't match up.
Glad I bought it though. Very happy.

This reminds me of "universal" car aluminum wheels, with a 4x100 and 4x114 pattern both drilled. As one set of circles is bigger than the other there is actually MORE metal between holes, strenghtening the system.

IDK what kind of machine shop you run or how this complicates things, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks for the replies guys.....I'll probably try to locate an extra 9 hole 6 MM sprocket just to see what the holes look like.

Andrew

Andy, I think I may be wrong. That's what I get for posting past my beddy-bye time.
The problem I faced was the 6mm rubber and plates were smaller in diameter than the 8mm one was, so just ordering the larger one was my easiest option. Drilling the plates, rubber rings, and your sprocket just wasn't a logical option for me. Your idea might work.

HI Alan,

Thanks for the new info....You are right it would be a little hard for most people to drill out the holes (especially if you don't have the proper tools or tools in general to start with)...I'm going to see if I can scare up a good old 9 hole 6MM sprocket just to make sure about the pattern and size...A little extra time but I'd hate to market something that may be wrong....

Thanks again,
Andrew

Andy, I got one for you. never used. ( 44T 6mm)
Let me know if you want it. Free, just shipping cost.

Back