92 miles and the speedo cable snapped

Yes indeed - as a matter of fact he went through his Harley cables to try and find a 37" internal cable for me to use until the cable from Whizzer arrived. I was there when he called Whizzer and ordered the cable.

The only problem I am having is finding straight 40 wt. oil now - I hit AutoZone, O'Reilly, and Pep Boys today at lunch....nada. My quest continues! Perhaps like anything here in KS...I will be forced to order online...

Regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew, I live in a small fishing village on the coast of NC , and can find the oil everywhere. NAPA, K Mart, Walmart, & Advance Auto Parts, just to mention a few. Several of the brands call it HD [heavy duty]. Good luck in finding it. When I had a motorcycle shop in the 70s, 40wt was used in a lot of bikes, and I would think the Harley dealer would also stock it.
Have fun,
Quenton

Dude. I can find 40w at Walgreens even. That's some seriously thick stuff.

Funny, after work today I went to two other auto parts stores - I even hit Target up - nada. Then I decided to stop at the local hardware store to get some zip ties....lo and behold they had Quaker State 40 wt. So I picked up a couple of quarts, a funnel and a measuring cup. So I guess it's the hardware store from now on!

I loved your story Moonks. I often get clapped by the rows of hitch-hikers when I ride into town on my schwinn cruiser 4 stroke. It's a hoot. Also the other day about 30 members of a bikie gang called 'The Nomads' surrounded me with their Harleys as I was riding along the road. I thought they might be going to kill me or run me off the road but they were just slowing down to take a good look. My insides were vibrating from the noise of their Harleys and my regret was that I couldn't keep up with them when they finally took off.

Hi Matthew

I just wanted to put my plug in for Whizzer. My dealer is a super nice fellow and tries hard. He's also inexperienced. My Whizzer had a ton of problems and every time I got one fixed. Two would pop up. Some of the fixes he did were downright dangerous (Like no brakes).

Anyway, I got fed up and was ready to tell him to take it away. I called Whizzer. Nicest people I ever dealt with.
They sent me to a more experienced dealer and started replacing parts, not fixing, replacing. I called the other day for a screw and gasket that the new dealer had missed and still no charge.

It's not often you find something like the Whizzers, that I really love, and a company that's top notch to go with it/

Back