99cc hf predator engine with a gtc tc2 cvt

The two things I would be concerned with are
  1. weight/size: these motors will weigh close to 20 pounds dry... BTW - the 99cc Predator looks like it has roughly the same cylinder angle as the 79cc Greyhound - about 15-20 degrees from horizontal.
  2. legality. Many states that allow motorized bikes to be unregistered have a 50cc displacement limit... Otherwise, they have to be registered as mopeds.

The two things I would be concerned with are
  1. weight/size: these motors will weigh close to 20 pounds dry... BTW - the 99cc Predator looks like it has roughly the same cylinder angle as the 79cc Greyhound - about 15-20 degrees from horizontal.
  2. legality. Many states that allow motorized bikes to be unregistered have a 50cc displacement limit... Otherwise, they have to be registered as mopeds.

And valid concerns they are though I'd wager they'll go little heeded.

On the weight question, when the specs were listed the 79cc engine had a dry weight of 24 lbs while the 99cc is not showing weight. For the later, wouldn't we be talking about something around 30 lbs with oil and fuel?

On the weight question, when the specs were listed the 79cc engine had a dry weight of 24 lbs while the 99cc is not showing weight. For the later, wouldn't we be talking about something around 30 lbs with oil and fuel?

Sounds like a beast in terms of bicycles lol.

How are you going to lubricate the turbo? They need a pressurized oiling system to keep from burning up and the HF79cc engine does not have this. Just curious.

Jim

yes the turbo dose needs oil and it dose need to be pressurized, thats way im still not for sure if its going to be mechanical oil pump or elactrical, willlllllllllllllllllll see how im going to do it :)

i going to the 99cc motor after i get done trying to blow my 79cc motor up. just posted this today,go to Frame-Mounted Drive-Trains take a look

Far out man! the turbos almost bigger than the engine... i think you might need a smaller exhaust housing... i don't think that's got the exhaust volume to spin that compressor.
please let us know if you do it i wanna see it!
BBB

Back