\_/ big China girl on a little frame

20190119_034645.jpg

Pros and cons.

The exhaust port area gets hot vs the intake side which actually is cooled, so the temps should be much more even with it orientated the normal way while riding.

Flipped it gets more fresh cool air into the motor though which means more power, and you can easily make a ram air effect for the carb if you wanted (and if you did 50+mph where it will actually do anything). I planned on testing a flipped cylinder setup with a 3d printed adapter and some ducting for true ram air to test gains at 50mph but never got around to it.

Makes sense to me.

Finally scooped up a g5 steel lined cylinder for this
View attachment 98909
They are great cylinders and are very forgiving if you throw a circlip or break a ring. You can also get better rings for it than stock. I have Namura cro-moly rings in mine and I believe @HumanPerson person does in his as well. Just search namura 47mm piston ring on eBay or Amazon

Will do I was watching that thread when it happened. I'm going to get another piston as well as better circlips. Crank bearings and balance the crank as well. I need an exhaust as well. I'm trying to get the things together to have enough power and speed to ride through snow better. I'm not sure I can squeeze a shift kit onto this frame either.

Will do I was watching that thread when it happened. I'm going to get another piston as well as better circlips. Crank bearings and balance the crank as well. I need an exhaust as well. I'm trying to get the things together to have enough power and speed to ride through snow better. I'm not sure I can squeeze a shift kit onto this frame either.
Whoa to much power in the snow can get hairy when you least expect it,be careful ! I've ridden in the winter here and prefer a much milder setup,when I ride my bike and try to get on the throttle in slippery conditions it just spins the tire and fish tales to wake you up LOL.

Got the g5 cylinder on. First run seems smoother than the old cylinder. Going to try and see what some temps are later and maybe adjust the jet.

Back