\_/ big China girl on a little frame

20190119_034645.jpg

Well the dual tire set up made it the 7 miles home, took the longer half gravel way instead of the paved trail just for fun. I hope it freezes up here soon to give me an excuse to stud the hell out of these free duros.

20191031_201448.jpg

I very well might but by the time I got the wheel studded it warmed up and and the ice melted lol. They still ride fine on dry asphalt.

I did brave the weather a little and drove on the edge of the recently frozen lake (2 inches thick about 25 feet out then 1 inch). These side studs are useless on glare ice unless your like in a racing lean lol. Im thinking 150 more in each tire should work.

Have to give a shout out to these cheap schwinn lights I got at Walmart. USB rechargeable and led lights. I run the front light on bright too see where I'm going and run the back red light on blink to try and look like a bicycle. Lights are pretty much essential this far north when it's dark for much more time than it's light.
20191109_230229.jpg

It is amazing what lighting we can get nowadays and for so little western currency, from the RoC. 🧙‍♂️
What battery size do those take? :D
I have a little mini head light for walking that does very well on little 2032 button batteries..
But I actually hate to use any non rechargeable batteries. :unsure:

Also anything with really big batteries seems to use them up just as fast, by taking advantage of their large capacity and being as immensely bright as possible, which can be useful at times too, of course. :cool:
It we could just as easily get the best of both.. by taking the middle step where we have some added capacity we could have some added costs and some added some added safety. Its not all one or the other!
Batteries don't perform as well when they're very cold.
I suppose it's easier to warm up a small light in your pocket or swap between two lights, one in pocket while other is on handlebar, so there's always a warm battery... Not that I do, because being "old and wise" 👴 I stay indoors or close to home if it's cold lol, and I don't miss the starry skies too much really. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
Back