\_/ big China girl on a little frame

20190119_034645.jpg

I applaud your dedication to riding in those weather conditions. I brought my bike inside at the end of September and we just got our first helping of snow last Thursday. I'm not a big fan of the cold. However im sure once the new bike is finished I'll take it out for a rip regardless of how cold it is. That's a cool idea with the studs.

So I went for a cruise to check out the lake and the snow it's already too deep to ride damn it! I cruised around town and on the bike path some. I wanted to get video but it's too hard to ride one handed in these conditions (30mph very unstable gusty wind ice beneath snow). The 5 inches or so of new snow we got makes the tires float more and the studs don't bite. I need to find an assistant to get you guys some video. In the deeper snow on the lake I learned one thing though, I need MO POWA! Or gears lol.

Got slippery in some mud today and used the Durango heel lol. 🤟 Dirt bike reflexes. I rode bmx dirt jumping for awhile growing up and still haven't learned to use the front brake. Sometimes we had no brakes at all.

I like the idea of having the exhaust facing back.
Pros and cons.

The exhaust port area gets hot vs the intake side which actually is cooled, so the temps should be much more even with it orientated the normal way while riding.

Flipped it gets more fresh cool air into the motor though which means more power, and you can easily make a ram air effect for the carb if you wanted (and if you did 50+mph where it will actually do anything). I planned on testing a flipped cylinder setup with a 3d printed adapter and some ducting for true ram air to test gains at 50mph but never got around to it.

Pros and cons.

The exhaust port area gets hot vs the intake side which actually is cooled, so the temps should be much more even with it orientated the normal way while riding.

Flipped it gets more fresh cool air into the motor though which means more power, and you can easily make a ram air effect for the carb if you wanted (and if you did 50+mph where it will actually do anything). I planned on testing a flipped cylinder setup with a 3d printed adapter and some ducting for true ram air to test gains at 50mph but never got around to it.
FNTPuck is correct. Flipping the jug 180 degrees puts the exhaust port at the back, making the engine run hotter on the exhaust side, since the cool air hitting the engine is no longer cooling the hottest side of the engine. I would only run that setup for racing or runs to the store and back a mile or 2 away. I would never try to run that setup to work and back daily.

Back